PDA

View Full Version : Does your child use and pillow and if so do you like to change the cases?

kotzally
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I have a child who sweats in his sleep and tends to drool so I am constantly changing out his pillowcase. There aren't any cute pillowcases out there so I have started making custom flannel pillowcases.

I am wondering if this is something people are interested in???

What are your thoughts?

tiapam
10-19-2007, 08:10 PM
DD has a regular size pillow in her crib but she does not sweat too much - she saves that for naps on me or the couch. Are you talking about toddler size cases? Because I don't think those are as easy to find. I have seen toddler pillows at craft and art fairs but I am not sure if there was a separate case or not.

I don't really like flannel for pillowcases though. They tend to grab hair a bit more and I prefer cooler fabrics.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

kotzally
10-20-2007, 07:03 AM
I am referring to standard size pillows-- are toddler pillows different? Do you think there would be more interest in non flannel toddler size cases?

jerigirl
10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
http://mrbobblesblankets.com/toddler-pillows.aspx?CategoryID=38

here are some toddler pillows and cases. HTH!

jeri

tiapam
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Toddler pillows are smaller. I am sure there is some standard size but I don't know what it is. My preference for non-flannel pillowcases is probably not universal. I think if you have cute prints that is what people will look at. You could try making some as gifts and see what kind of reaction you get.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

DrSally
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Definitely, the travel pilliowcases are scratchy percale. I've held off giving DS a pillowcase until my mom can sew something of flannel, jersey or fleece. If it were avail for a reasonable price, I'd buy it though.

ETA: If I could design my perfect travel pillow case, it would have a flap closure, so you can tuck the end in and it's not open for DC to stik their head in, god forbid.

kotzally
10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I am going to make a few travel cases--- closure is nice.

I am pricing mine for $8 including shipping which I think is good. I do have some I am selling for $5 though.

brianaw
10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I just bought a pillow from Pottery Barn for $9 but the cases were $14 and were in odd colors. If your covers fit the Pottery Barn ones I would buy it and Im sure lots would on ebay. Just plain colors like white or dark blue (what I'm looking for).

DrSally
10-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I would also buy one in a baby blue or cream. I would have to verify that the dimensions fit my travel pillow. I would love a no pill flannel or jersey.

kotzally
10-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I will get some made and let you know!!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!