PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Suits - what are your experiences?

swmc
03-14-2001, 05:32 PM
The stores already have bathing suits out and I am curious about your advice for buying. I have a daughter that will be 6 months in June and we want to splash around a little at the beach. I've seen "Little swimmer diapers", swimsuits with plastic lining, swimsuits without plastic lining. They all look so small. Any advice would be appreciated.

kicksmom
06-29-2001, 10:15 PM
I recently bought a swimsuit for my 3 month old daughter. The tag said it was 12 month size--but they must be nuts. It fit her great--especailly since you have to fit it over the swimmie diaper (which are wonderful). I think if you buy just a regular swimsuit you will be fine. Kathleen's doesn't have any lining and it was perfect. Just stretch them out in the store to see how they'll look on. :> Good luck!

Geebee
07-06-2001, 05:00 PM
Stick with the disposable swim diapers and the regular swimsuits. With the disposable swim diapers, you don't need the swimsuits with plastic lining. And disposables are so much easier.

Where I live, most public pools require the disposible swim diapers.

I agree with the above post - try the swimsuit on your little one before pulling tags off. It is difficult to tell the sizes. Plus, it might be better to go up a size, because, as a friend pointed out, you probably don't want to buy two swimsuits in one summer (especially if you don't swim very often).

elaine
07-31-2001, 06:31 PM
Any reason she just can't go swimming in a onesie with the swim diapers?

Geebee
07-31-2001, 11:09 PM
No reason. Actually, I've seen babies with just the swim diaper only (usually male babies, though).

And the baby girl bathing suits are so cute.