PDA

View Full Version : Huggies versus Pampers Wipes

Juliayn
07-17-2001, 11:55 AM
Just wanted to give my opinion on the above. I realy do not like Pampers wipes, the one-ups tend to rip when pulled out and the bottom portion of wipes wind up soaking wet. Although some parents complain Huggies wipes are not wet enough, I find them perfect. I love the feel and they are much sturdier. Anyone else out there have similar experiences?

mom@home
07-17-2001, 04:42 PM
I really do not like Pampers wipes, either. The biggest problem I had with them was how soapy they were. When I used them on my daughter, they left so much suds on her bottom that I felt like I had to hose her off after I used them. A few months later, my sister-in-law had a new baby, purchased Pampers wipes, and had the exact same experience that I had! We now both swear by Huggies Natural Care baby wipes. They really are the best!

marilyn
07-20-2001, 03:58 PM
Oh I totally agree. I especially do not like teh Pop Up ones, they rip apart. And yes Pampers can be way to sudsy, I'm still not in *love* with Huggies wipes but they are preferable. Someone needs to come up with a great wipe!

Marilyn

E&E
07-25-2001, 09:20 PM
I hate Pampers Wipes. The pop up seems good, but it is only good at the beginning of the package. Also, it makes it harder to put wipes in the little "travel" case. And I find them to be FAR too wet, thin, and small. Huggies wipes are the greatest. Especially the Supreme Care, I love them! And they are cheaper than Pampers...at least in my area.

sarsah
08-22-2001, 09:34 PM
I use the Pamper's One-Up wipes for diaper changes and Huggies wipes for everything else, including travel.
The Pampers wipes are not as dry as the Huggies wipes and I really like the pop-up feature of the container. I have a lot of trouble getting the Huggies wipes out of the package in a hurry, where as the Pampers wipes are easy to get at. The bottom of the package is always a lot wetter than the top.

The Pampers wipe travel case doesn't seal well and the wipes dry out quickly -- on the other hand, the Huggies wipes travel case is much better and the wipes stay moist longer.

Sarah

aunt83me02
09-27-2001, 01:14 PM
I do not like Pampers wipes either. I do like Huggies. I really like the Target ones that are alcohol free.

gaby
09-28-2001, 11:25 AM
I have used both the Huggies and Pampers wipes, but really like the new BabyMagic wipes better. Has anyone else tried them?

susanw
11-05-2001, 02:15 AM
I find the wipes from Costco to be the best. They're soft and sturdy. They feel more like cloth. Plus they are cheaper that Huggies or Pampers wipes.

walda
11-06-2001, 05:01 PM
We really like the generic "real cloth" wipes. They never tear, and you can find them almost everywhere. They are marketed under many brand names, sold at Walgreens, Target, etc. They are also called newborn wipes. They are really cheap, and much better than Pampers and Huggies wipes. They are made of the same material as the expensive Mustela wipes. They really work in a "one up" dispenser." I couldnt stand the Huggies, Pampers, or generic non "cloth" ones because they inevitably tear, and we have ended up with dirty fingers.....YUCK!! BTW, We especially HATE the Kroger brand generic wipes... they smell like mildew- kind of scary!

neuhofer
01-05-2002, 01:16 AM
Just weighing in:

I really like the Pampers One-up wipes. They rip on me only very occasionally, if I really yank the wipe out sideways through the "teeth". I do agree that the bottom of the stack gets quite wet. To remedy this, I sometimes just turn the stack of wipes upsidedown within the container overnight (container left right way up to avoid leaks). Then I just fix it in the morning and find the moisture is once again evenly distributed through the stack.

The inter-weaving of the One-ups make them useless in travel packs, though. So when out of the house, I use Huggies Natural Care. I also agree with other comments that the refillable plastic case by Huggies is better closing than the Pampers case. I also like that it is smaller.

I have tried a few other brands of wipes. Found they were too thin, sometimes unpleasant smelling - even the "unscented" ones, and too dry. I gave up on them.

When at home I mostly though, use baby washcloths and water. (Call in the wipes first on the dirty jobs, cloths only on the wet changes). It's a LOT cheaper. And no matter how far the diaper companies go in explaining the gentle and soothing attributes of the chemicals in their wipes, they can't beat water.

Shannon

KathyO
01-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Ditto here on the use of baby washcloths and water. It's so cheap (baby washcloths are available at most dollar stores), and way gentler on the skin. If you want to compare, try rubbing a baby wipe on the skin of the inside of your elbow ten times a day for a few days. That's how your baby's bum must feel.

KathyO

lukkykatt
03-30-2003, 09:48 PM
I don't use Pampers wipes either! They are much too wet, and I hate the one-ups. I use Huggies Natural Care, which I think are much better. Haven't tried any other brand though...

vikivoly
04-05-2003, 12:22 PM
My vote is for the pampers wipes. I like the pop up feature and have never had one rip on me. I think they are thicker and softer than the Huggies.

Rachels
04-05-2003, 03:16 PM
I hate the Pampers wipes, but I don't love the Huggies, either. We just found Luvs wipes, which seem to be a good compromise: thick like Huggies, but wetter, and they don't rip even though they're one-ups. Also, when I'm in the South, I get the Harris Teeter Scented Baby Washcloths, and those are my favorites. They're VERY soft.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Sharon
04-08-2003, 08:23 PM
My husband likes the generic real cloth wipes from babies r us. Much better than either huggies or pampers. they were much rougher on the skin. I personally like using cotton squares dipped in water with baby bath. I find it is less irritating and I can get in the hard to reach places easier.

mama2be
04-08-2003, 08:45 PM
love em...

dogmom
04-10-2003, 08:33 AM
I had to go up and check to see if we were talking about the same Pampers wipes! I must be crazy. I did notice they were "wetter" when I bought them in the container, but I often found the others to dry or flimsy and didn't clean off my DS enough. I never noticed them sudsy, but I believe others. I do buy the Pampers in a case, 400/$10. It's just as cheap as the others, but I can't find those in a case. I notice when I take the wipes out of the refill bags I don't have that extra "water" in the bottom of the holder when I get to the end. My container doesn't have teeth either, so my Pampers wipes have never ripped on me. Oh well!

J.M.