PDA

View Full Version : Onesies

atung
09-03-2001, 04:35 PM
Hi,

My twins will be born in this December. Should we only buy long sleeve onesies or should we also buy short sleeves ones? Also, please give us any tips you have for how to "dress" the infants.

Thanks,

Ann

Geebee
09-04-2001, 09:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-01 AT 08:24AM (Mountain)[p]For December babies (it might depend on where you are and the climate), I'd skip the onesies and just get sleepers. Even if your climate isn't that cold, I'd get lightweight cotton sleepers. If the sleepers don't have feet or you like the gown sleepers (very easy at night, but doesn't work well in carseats), add socks.

Actually, if you live in a really cold place, you could layer short sleeved onesies and socks under sleepers.

Use long sleeved onesies if they are part of an outfit (usually daywear).

Dress your infants as you dress yourself. If you need 2 layers, put 2 layers on your infants.

For car travel, skip the jackets and layer blankets on top of your infants instead. At a carseat check, the police officer said that thick jackets on infants can cause carseat straps to give too much in an accicent. If you live in a really cold place, there are car seat covers that you can purchase to cover the whole carseat with the infant in it (I've read about them, but I've never had a need for them. I'd post a message to find out where to find them.)

I hope that helps.

Enjoy!