PDA

View Full Version : Diapers leaking in back

TLC1994
09-18-2001, 11:56 PM
Lately we've had problems with our 2 month old baby girl leaking out the back of her diaper. We've been using Pampers size 2 (she's approx. 12 lbs.) It seems to be worse first thing in the morning - maybe her squirming around all night moves the diaper down? Who knows...

Anyway, has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, what do you do about it? Have you found a different brand of diaper that helps with this problem?

Thanks for the help!

Geebee
09-20-2001, 03:23 PM
I've had some problems with diapers, too. It seems like the only way to solve the problems was experimenting.

Are those Pampers Baby Dry or Premium? I used Pampers Baby Dry on my girl for over 12 months, and then they started leaking. After experimenting with Huggies and a bigger size, I found success with the exact same size in Pampers Premium. I tried these on a recommendation from a friend (she gave me 2 to sample). So, if you are currently using Baby Dry, maybe you could try Pampers Premium Size 2?

Another thing to try is the different Huggies, if you haven't already. Sometimes the different fit of another brand works better with different babies. An inexpensive way to experiment is to ask friends for a couple of diapers.

I know that Premiums are expensive, but they seem to be the only thing that works for my girl. I find coupons (check the Pampers website) and collect the points, and I don't feel so bad about the money!

I hope that helps (I know that it is frustrating).

kbalchus
09-23-2001, 03:40 PM
I found that Pampers (the custom-fit kind) didn't work for my son, although I know a lot of people swear by them. We had the same problem w/the mess going up the back. So I think it's just a matter of finding what works best for your baby. (We use Huggies and have had very few leaks with them for the past 9 mos.)

aunt83me02
09-27-2001, 01:08 PM
My sister has used the generic Dri-bottoms found at Walmart for about 2 years now(the ones with Suzy's zoo characters). She started out with Huggies but the little velcro-like closures irritated her little boy's skin. Why spend a lot of money on something like diapers, if cheaper ones work just as well or better? Hope this helps.