PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Don't shop Natural Baby Catalog!

peg
10-10-2001, 02:54 PM
I've had less than wonderful service from this company in the past, but still bought from them because they had extremely soft undershirts in larger sizes. My two year old is recently potty trained, and since it's getting cold I thought I'd buy her new undershirts without snaps, which I knew they sold. I ordered on line ($5.95 each shirt for short sleeved and $6.95 per for long sleeved). No mention of any item being backordered. I also ordered some cute underpants and a footed sleeper on sale for my 8 month old. Total order $99.28. Two days after placing the order they sent an email advising me that the undershirts were on backorder for 4 weeks and after they received them I could expect to receive them in 4-5 business days. I needed undershirts before that so I called them very annoyed. I basically said that if they didn't do something to make me less annoyed, like give 10% off or free shipping or at least Fed Ex the shirts to me asap, that I would cancel the entire order. They said fine, except that the underpants and the sleeper were already shipped out! This made me even madder, since those items were spontaneous purchases and I really only wanted the undershirts. I told them I would refuse delivery and they said they'd issue a credit after the items were returned. Bottom line, they really didn't seem to care if they lost a $100 sale and weren't willing to do anything to make it better to keep the sale, as a reputable company would do.

In the past, I ordered two small bookshelfs from them that could stack one on top of the other or sit on the floor alone. They also would double as a short bench for a toddler, if no books were in them. They seemed a good deal at about $100 for the two. When I received them, the finish was horrible, and missing in places. I could have made better quality bookshelves myself just by copying the picture in the catalog! I called to arrange a return and they would not pay for return shipping since they didn't consider my complaint to be a "defect" in the item, but simple customer dissatifcation. I had to pay $32 to UPS to return them. $32 for no bookshelves! You might luck out with this company, but if you ever need to make a return or need anything quickly you will certainly be unhappy, as I am.

vsmommy123
12-11-2001, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the warning!