PDA

View Full Version : How are Berkley and Jensen's (BJ's) brand diapers?

docreeler
11-12-2001, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have experience with BJ's brand of diapers? We've tried (in increasing order of preference) Huggies Ultra Trim (ick; they are a pain to use, with their Velcro style tabs and their ruffled leg openings), Luvs (*much* better than Huggies, but they have a baby-powder scent to them which I don't like and which probably indicates that our baby is exposed to unecessary checmicals. Also, they are too thin and tear easily), and Pampers Baby-Dry(our favourite so far). I like the price of the BJ's brand of diapers, but I'm afraid to try them blindly; since if we don't like them, we'll be stuck with a huge case of diapers. Can anyone here comment on the BJ's brand? How similar is it to each of the three other brands we've tried? Any recommendations either to try or to avoid the Berkley and Jensen (sp?) brand?

Thanks for any suggestions!

- Lynn

mom2mara
11-13-2001, 01:48 AM
Hi Lynn!

I have used the BJ's brand diapers since my daughter was born. We went through the 1-2 size, and are now using the 3 size. (She's six months old)

I like the diapers because they are reasonably priced and fit my daughter very well. However, they're made like the Huggies brand, that is, they're 'cloth like' and have velcro fasteners. So if you don't like the Huggies diapers, you may not like these. But they don't have a scent to them at all.

They absorb leaks well and haven't irritated our daughter's skin yet. If you like these, you'd like Target brand too. They're just like the Huggies and at a good price to boot.

Hope I helped!

Take care,
~Laura