PDA

View Full Version : Do I need all these gowns?

HOBSON725
11-18-2001, 09:35 PM
I just had my 2nd baby shower and have received lots of gowns(those that have elastic at the bottom, no feet,no legs). I was just wondering if I need lots of these. Thanks :)
~ECH

momathome
11-19-2001, 11:52 AM
I found for me that I needed about 6-7 gowns. My babies wore them exclusively for the first week or two and every night to sleep for the first 2 months. Given that there were plenty of middle-of-the-night diaper leaks, I was glad to have as many as I did. Good luck!
-Lauren

Geebee
11-19-2001, 02:41 PM
I agree. I really appreciated these, and I had my daughter in them often. I had a small baby (6 lbs), so she wore them for a while.

One thing to consider...I have a friend who had a big baby (9+ lbs), so he couldn't wear them very long. She also liked the convenience of them and was frustrated that he outgrew them so quickly.

An idea...You could wash 4 or 5 and leave the tags on the rest. If you decide that you aren't using them very much or your baby is on the large side, you could return them later.

Enjoy!

jenfed
11-26-2001, 12:31 AM
I have a lot of them and don't use them because my baby HATES to have things go over her head...especially at night. So I use snap or zip sleepers...cuts down on the crying!

Hope it helps...

Jennifer