PDA

View Full Version : Nature Boy & Girl Diapers

vivianm
12-22-2001, 12:25 PM
I just read a brief article in the newspaper that referred to Nature Boy and Girl diapers. They are a Swedish product and are biodegradable disposals. Has anyone tried or used these diapers? I'd love to hear what people think. They are available at drugstore.com - I don't know where else they can be purchased.

dawgfan
01-21-2002, 01:11 AM
I love these diapers. I previously used Huggies Supreme and Pampers Premium. With both I've experienced major clothes staining blowouts. I have yet (knock on wood) to have a blowout escape the diaper with the Nature Boy & Girl. I also didn't like the gel pellets I found on my daughter from the Pampers and Huggies. The Natures use gel but a lot less. I think they keep moisture away from her quite well also. They are more expensive, but I also like the earth friendly aspects of these diapers. Three other mothers I know use them and all like them as well.

We live in the Pacific NW and can get them at two local chain supermarkets --PCC and Larry's Markets. I'm not sure if these stores are in any other part of the US though.

I like them so much I was going to email Denise & Alan so they would include them in their next book version. I didnt see them mentioned in the last one.

Hope this helps.

Muffin28
02-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Hi-
I don't have any experience with these diapers, but I do know that Harris-Teeter supermarkets (NC) carry them. Hope this helps!

teresajill
02-11-2002, 11:54 PM
I've heard they carry them.

merilevy
04-19-2002, 11:37 PM
I have a store in Northern California that sells Nature Boy and Girl diapers (and I use them on two of my kids). We also sell them online (for less than drugstore.com) at store.yahoo.com/nurturecenter. I think they are the best thing going. They are as absorbent as the premium brands, fit great and have no fragrance, are not bleached, etc. For more info about the diapers, go to www.norseanatural.com.

polkadot14
09-22-2002, 01:22 PM
I have used these diapers almost exclusively since my son was about 6 weeks old. I was VERY happy with them, until recently when I opened a package of diapers with multiple problems. Some were missing a tape, but others had more serious problems that made them unusable. So far, our email to the company regarding refund/replacement has gone unanswered. (We live in an area where they are unavailable, and so have to rely on mail order to purchase them.) They can also leave those 'gel balls' on your baby, because they do still use some superabsorbent material in the diapers.

merilevy
09-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Where did you buy the diapers? We sell them at our online store (http://shop.nurturecenter.com), and we have also had some problems with a few cases of diapers lately. Our policy is to take back any bad packs from the customer and give them a replacement, and the manufacturer credits us for future orders. If Drugstore.Com does not do this for you, order from us next time!

polkadot14
09-27-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks! We have purchased cases of these diapers from the nurture center in the past (AND I do love the nurture center website!), but the most recent time we ordered 1/2 case mediums and 1/2 case larges from drugstore.com. (It seemed more convenient at the time...)

I did want to mention that just today we did receive a reply from the company that they are aware of the quality problems and are switching manufacturers and will replace our defective diapers!

merilevy
09-27-2002, 11:37 PM
I just found that out as well. It's about time! And they told me that because of the change-over they will not be shipping any diapers to their distributors during October, so I will be stocking up -- hopefully I won't run out!