PDA

View Full Version : Clothing for tall baby

gingerbrown
01-06-2002, 11:04 PM
My son is 3 months & almost 26 inches long (he weighs about 15 lbs.). He is very long in the body & is already outgrowing some 9-12 month clothing (in brands that run small, like Little Me).

I'm wondering if anyone has found any brands that tend to run a little longer in the body or any brands that make one-piece outfits in sizes larger than 9-12 months (I hate the way the tops on the two-piece outfits ride up when I pick him up!). The only thing I've seen so far that fits the bill is Osh-Kosh & their stuff is pretty expensive, even at the outlet near me ...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ginger Brown
(Andrew 10/2/01)

suzska
01-06-2002, 11:52 PM
I think Hanna Andersson (http://www.hannaandersson.com) sells their clothing based on height (in cm.), and not necessarily age. They do tend to be on the expensive side, but I've heard good things about them. I haven't bought anything from them--I've only seen the catalogs. They have a few one-piece things on sale right now for $26.

It looks like your son would be in the following size (taken from their site):
70 cm = 26-30 in.; 14-21 lbs.; 5-12 mos.; 33½ in. torso

I don't like two-piece outfits either, but I have a few that my son received as gifts. I just make sure he has a light undershirt on underneath that snaps at the crotch. That way it's not so bad when the top pulls up. I also like overalls on him (with shirts that have snaps).

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

momathome
01-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Gymboree and BabyGap make one-piece outfits that run up to 3T. I think Carters does, too, but I seem to only find their bigger sizes at the outlets. Good luck!
-Lauren

TracyA
01-30-2002, 10:03 PM
But be careful! Gymboree clothes are short. My dd is 24 inches and 14 pounds (and almost 3 months). She has already outgrown the 3-6 month size in Gymboree.

I agree about BabyGap and Carters. My dd's Carters onsies seem to be the roomiest and longest. You should also try Old Navy. They sometimes have some one-piece footless outfits.

-Tracy