PDA

View Full Version : target clothing

holland2
01-14-2002, 05:51 PM
any advice on good quality wash and wear clothing for infants. I recently visited a Target which had adorable outfits but I am not sure of the quality. Any feedback is appreciated.

suzska
01-14-2002, 06:28 PM
I have a bunch of clothes from Target for my son. Obviously I think the quality is good, or I wouldn't keep buying them. This summer I got him ~4 rompers from Target, which means they were worn about once a week (I had a few Carter's and other brands as well). I've also gotten jeans and t-shirts from Target. I shop the clearance racks all the time! After Christmas I got him a windbreaker-type jacket for next fall for $2.24! Even if it doesn't last that long, it was only $2.24! My son has a "big" head, so the rompers did get a little tight over his head before he grew out of them, but I was happy with them otherwise. I also shop at Wal-Mart a lot. They have cute long-sleeve thermal shirts for under $5.00. Other than that I just shop the clearance racks at KidsRUs, Penney's, Sears, Carter's and Baby Gap. I try not to spend more than $10 for pants and PJ's, and $5 for shirts. Evan has almost enough clothes now until about size 2T or 3T.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

Sadie S
01-15-2002, 11:46 PM
I don't care for Target clothing. I have been very disappointed with the things I have bought. They seem to be sized small and don't wear very well. Instead, I shop the sales at Old Navy and Gap. Those clothes may cost a little bit more but they are the ones that I dress my son in over and over and over. The Target ones are typically a waste of money bc I don't like the way they fit or wear.

Jeanne
01-16-2002, 12:24 PM
I liked the look, price, and feel of the clothes at Target and thought I found a good resource until the first time I washed them. The shrinkage was unbelievable - by at least 1/3. My daughter wore the items once and never wore them again.
I took them back to Target and they refused to even exchange them for a bigger size without a receipt. I didn't have one since these items were gifts. So regardless of who bought the clothes, they ended up in bag for the Purple Heart pickup.
If you're going to buy - buy one size up. Otherwise, shop the clearance sales at BabyGap. Their clothes never shrink and are the most durable that I've seen. Also try Marshalls and TJMax. They get some really good brands for reasonable prices.

holland2
02-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Any difference in the shrinkage factor among the circo, target and cherokee brands?

suzska
02-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Honestly I haven't paid much attention. It's hard to know whether the clothes are shrinking or my son is just growing. :-)

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

egoldber
02-09-2002, 09:51 AM
I have bought many very cute things for my little girl at Target. I have always been very happy until a week ago! I bought a very adorable summer type romper for her in a 12 month size (she is 6 months) for her to wear later. As I always do with new clothes, I washed it when I got home. It shrank horribly! She either has to wear it now or never! But I also bought several other items there the same day and washed those and they are fine. With Target's lovely new return policy, I can't take it back either.

So like anywhere, the stuff you get from Target can occasionally be a problem. I have had similar experiences with Baby Gap (2 onesies shrank dramatically) and Children's Place (one sweatsuit really shrank and a button came off on the first wear). The only clothes I haven't had a problem with (so far) is Gymboree and Old Navy.

Hope this helps,

egoldber
02-09-2002, 12:29 PM
FYI, I just checked and it was a "Lullaby Club" Playwear brand. And now that I looked at the tag, I recall another newborn outfit she had (one of the nightgowns with the elastic at the bottom) that was also Lullaby Club that shrank. Fortunately, she was a smallish newborn, so it didn't affect her being able to wear that outfit.

For reference it was a short sleeve knit romper, navy blue with a light blue stripe (it was "meant" for a boy), with "My Dog Spot" written on the front, a picture of the front of "Spot" on the front and a picture of the back of "Spot" on the back. It was (is) incredibly adorable. I am REALLY bummed because it wasn't a clearance item, it was a "full price" item (at $12) that was an impulse purchase because it was so cute. Oh well, at least I can hope for some warm spring-like days for her to be able to wear it now. At least we live in Virginia and not Minnesota or something!

kgdolan
03-06-2002, 03:24 PM
I have bought a couple of outfits at Target and really like them. I think all of the ones I've gotten have been Circo, but they are really soft and seem comfortable for Jack. I have noticed that they shrink some, but they're all 100% cotton so that should be expected. I've just gotten bigger sizes. I figure he's going to grow anyway!
He's 7 weeks and wearing 6-9 monthes clothes from baby gap and target, so it doesn't seem to make much difference!
Just my 2 cents!

Gail