PDA

View Full Version : Baptism Outfit???

daisy1234
02-26-2002, 02:18 PM
I am due in April and I am planning on a summer baptism for my son. Does everyone still buy those frilly white baptism outfits? Any ideas to find one VERY cheap?

Elaine
02-26-2002, 04:46 PM
I love the traditional lacy christening outfits! I've seen them at Babies R Us. Prices were around $30, I think. You might also try the JC Penney catalog; they are nicer but more expensive, $40-50.

suzska
02-26-2002, 10:42 PM
I know Wal-Mart had some, but I just used the one my husband was baptised in (or at least one of his brothers--his mother couldn't remember whose was whose--I just picked the one I liked better of the two).

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

wendy03060
03-24-2002, 12:12 AM
When my oldest was ready to be baptized, we discovered that the gown my sister and I wore is no longer around. My sister and I browsed boutique shops and then contacted a lady who sews that type of gown. We told her what we wanted and she created a darling gown that was within our limited budget. Rather unisex, simple cotton/poly fabric fabric, a tiny bit of satin ribbon and a bit of lace, very long skirt, sailor-style collar, darling bonnet. Was thrilled to be able to use it on my son last year, as well. In my experience long gowns aren't as common as they once were, but for we traditional, sentimental folks, nothing else will do. Maybe if you know someone who sews (family member?) they would be willing to sew it if you provided the material. That would make it even more meaningful.

Oh and one more thing, we had a very simple slip (designed sort of like a really long tank top) made to be worn with the gown and monogrammed the initials and date of every baby that has worn it on the slip.

Here's to a blessed and joyous baptism!

IansMom04
03-25-2002, 03:18 PM
the Baby Depot ar Burlington Coat Factory carries these outfits.. No idea on the price though.

Perhaps someone in your family who sews could make you one out of an old wedding dress.. I made my son's out of my mother's wedding dress. It wasn't too hard and it only cost my the time to do it.