PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of stains?

holland2
03-06-2002, 02:30 PM
What is the best way to get rid of food stain on clothing? Is dreft spray the only way?

mommymaria
03-06-2002, 02:49 PM
I have been using these two: Mother's Little Miracle and good old Spray 'n Wash stain stick. I found MLM at Babies R Us. It does remove most stains but leaves a bit of a scent. The Spray 'n Wash is my favorite since it does the best job of anything I tried and is the most convenient to use.

suzska
03-07-2002, 01:01 AM
There is a product called "Totally Toddler," but I don't know how good it is at stains exactly. I bought some when my son was first born because my cousin swore by it, but my husband looked at the ingredients--detergent, rubbing alcohol, and "natural enzymes." Not sure what the natural enzymes are, but we just started putting rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spraying all the formula/food on my son's clothing. A lot cheaper than buying the Totally Toddler stuff. I also sometimes use Spray 'N Wash or something similar if it seems bad. This had worked on everything except a spaghetti stain, but then I probably didn't "pre-treat" it well enough and tossed it in the dryer without noticing the stain wasn't out.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

mommychic
03-07-2002, 04:44 PM
I use Shout which seems to work on "adult" stains, don't know yet about baby stains. Plus, I love to carry the Shout Wipes in my purse for emergencies.

mommymaria
03-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention the Shout wipes in my last post. Thanks for reminding me. I consider them a diaper bag must-have.

carole
03-09-2002, 04:43 PM
The absolute only thing that will take out my son's breastfed-yellow baby poop is Oxyclean. I just soak the clothing in the sink w/a half scoop of the powder and warm water for a couple of hours before I throw it in the washing machine (and I usually use Tide), and the stains are gone. It even works on stains that have been in for a while and washed and dried. I am usually pretty sceptic about the "as seen on TV" products, but that stuff really works! I bought a small tub of it at Wal-Mart for about $7, I think.

Try it!

Carole

ps
I bought the Totally Toddler also, but it didn't work as well as the Oxyclean.