PDA

View Full Version : Diapers

Cindder
03-11-2002, 09:10 AM
I know this question has been discussed previously, but I was wondering if someone can recommend a diaper that is best suitable for a boy. My son was born last week (7lb) and I have used Pampers and Huggies and both seem to leak..What I am still trying to figure out is how it leaks up his back?! Anyway, I am familiar with the brands, I guess I just wondered which one people had the most success with for boys....

Thanks!

New Mom to Kyle!

momathome
03-11-2002, 09:42 AM
It may not be that he's a boy, as much as it is that he's a newborn. Are you using newborn-size diapers or stage 1? When they are small, newborn-size fits a little better. Even then, though, most newborns tend to have scrawny legs and this leads to increased opportunity for diaper leaks. So, the same diapers that he's leaking in right now may fit perfectly fine in a week or two. When my 13 month-old daughter was a newborn, I had a horrible time getting the diapers to fit her right because she was so tiny (5lbs 14oz at birth). We were dealing with massive diaper leaks every night if she was tilted even a tiny bit in the bassinet until she was close to a month old. Then, finally, she put on enough weight that the diapers fit her better and were no longer leaking. I've used both Huggies and Pampers and while both were nice, I think the Pampers were a little bit better. Good luck and congratulations on your new baby!
-Lauren

Cindder
03-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Thank you! I am not sure which size diapers he is using. I think we have both Newborn and Size 1 Huggies....I willcheck and give it time..

-Deanne

trumansmom
03-11-2002, 11:57 AM
We had leakage problems for the first few weeks as well. Now it rarely happens. We love Huggies Ultra trim, but I have a friend who also has a boy a couple of weeks older who hates them. She swears by Luv's. The only thing I didn't like about Luv's was the sticky tape vs. the velcro type attachments, but I heard that has recently changed.

And I agree - we had better luck with the size 1's than the newborn size.

Good luck.

Melanie
03-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Same problem! We tried newborn pampers and huggies to no avail. White Cloud (wal-mart) finally worked, but he had a reaction so we switched to target. Target has worked great. Whenever we see a pattern of leaks, we usually move up to the next size and that solves it. I think our son may have just been too tall for the Newborn Size.

We just recently switched back to Huggies Supreme because of their stretchy sides, but Target has always worked really well.

Congratulations!

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001

egoldber
03-11-2002, 09:21 PM
FYI, Pampers has recently re-designed their Premium line to have the stretchy side tabs.

jra
03-11-2002, 10:37 PM
I used Luvs ever since my son's cord stump fell off at 5 days old and I have only had 2 leakers on my son (3.5 months old). My friend gave me about a dozen leftover huggies that she had and I am glad I didn't stock up on those. Every one I used leaked. Luvs does now have velro tabs but there is also a little bit of sticky tape on the tabs as well (I'm not sure if others with velcro have the sticky tape too??)

Jennifer

Cindder
03-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Thank you everyone for all your input. I am off to experiment with your recommendations!

opus
03-13-2002, 04:22 PM
I found Huggies and Pampers to leak (like everyone else). I ended up with Walmart's brand, White Cloud. Cheaper and virtually no leaks.