PDA

View Full Version : Slipper shoes - Robeez / Bobux

rachelfran
03-17-2002, 06:13 PM
I just bought a pair of Robeez for my 8 month old and I wish I knew about this earlier... they are fantastic - they stay on his feet so well and come in awesome designs... The brand has their own site www.robeez.com, where you can shop direct or find out what shoes stores in your area carry them... They are expensive though... about $20-25 a pair - does anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Bobux are another brand - also with their own site or you can find them in stores - they seem to be exactly the same - just made in europe, whereas the Robeez are from Canada.

neuhofer
03-17-2002, 11:10 PM
I am a BIG fan of both shoes you mention. I agree, they are exactly the same, even right down to colors and style accents in many cases. They are just wonderful shoes: easy and fast to put on, just about impossible for baby to remove. The thin soles are so good for their feet and balance as they learn to walk! I could go on and on.

Unfortunately, I know of no cheaper source. And it seems that any stores I've found them tell me flat out that the shoes NEVER go on sale.

I'm not super-active on the boards. If anyone can answer this question, please post the reply, but also please do the favour of responding to me personally.

Thanks,
Shannon

tarheelmom
03-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Hi - I read on another board that shoobkids.com had similar shoes that were less expensive. I have not tried them myself, so I can't vouch personally for them. The review I read was very positive. Hope that helps! BTW, I bought a pair of Robeez for my son and have been so happy with them also!

emmiem
03-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi-I have 5 pairs of these shoes for my DD and love them. They are so unusual and brighten up any outfit. I don't think the price is so out of line. Stride Rite and other big name brands are much more money. Sure, you can Baby Deer Shoes in the department stores for less buy they are plain colors and don't stay on. I'll pay extra just for that!

caryn
04-03-2002, 02:59 PM
I have bought Shoobdoos and loved, loved, loved them! At the time I bought them (2 years ago) they were $15. You can get them at Shoobkids.com

caryn

holland2
04-18-2002, 09:59 AM
We live in Washington Dc and the summers get really hot and humid. Are the shoes ok for such weather or do the feet sweat too much.
THanks.

emmiem
04-18-2002, 10:35 AM
The shoes are fine for warm weather. We live in Southern Kentucky. They are similar to the weight of ballet slippers.

stampmom
04-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Just wondering -- are you folks using these just for looks? If so, it seems to me that the best way to save money would be to just buy a whole bunch of pairs of cute patterned socks instead! Most pediatricians don't recommend shoes for pre-walkers anyway, so these things seem like a waste of $$ to me! (JMHO.)

Dawn
Mommy to Adam 6/98
Jeremy(?) expected 7/02

rachelfran
04-18-2002, 01:49 PM
yes - these have some great styles and look great on baby
but they also stay on much better than socks do and are very soft leather... i like them better than socks

holland2
04-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Do they prevent slipping as the little one learns how to walk?

rachelfran
04-18-2002, 03:43 PM
yes they definitely do -
the May issue of Parent's Magazine has an age section and in the one year area it highlights learning to walk and the best shoes... Specifically listed are Bobux(soft brathable material like leather), sandals with covered toes to prevent stubbing(stride rite carson sandal), high cut shoes (stride rite scoot sneaker) and thin, flexible soles (elefanten julia ).

KathyO
04-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Not for the looks - for the fact that they STAY ON. My daughter seemed intent on strewing the landscape with booties and socks until I got these things. After one incident where she jettisoned (without even using her hands) booties and socks and was happily wiggling her toes in the frosty November air, I was desperate - considering Krazy Glue or tacks, if necessary!

Robeez stay on. And they are just little leather slippers - barely thicker than a pair of socks, so they don't interfere with walking in the least. They cost more than many other shoes (due to the average Canadian worker making more than the average third-world sweatshop worker), but they've been worth it.

KathyO

momathome
04-19-2002, 07:03 AM
I bought robeez slippers for my nine month-old daughter who loved to pull off her socks and shoes and they worked great for the first 2 months. By the time she was 11 months-old, though, she could pull off the shoes in about 2 seconds flat. Then again, this was also a baby who could undo the slide-in chest clip on her Graco Snugride at 5 months-old, so perhaps she is just overly curious. Good luck!
-Lauren

KathyO
04-19-2002, 10:33 AM
So, which did you end up going with - the Krazy Glue or the thumbtacks!?!? ;-D

Seriously, I'd like to know, in case dd suddenly decides to take after your daughter.

Best,

KathyO

momathome
04-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Well, it is still an everyday struggle. When we are home, I don't even bother to put on her socks and shoes - she wins on this point! If we are going out, I put on her socks and shoes right before we are ready to walk out the door. Still, about 50% of the time, we will arrive at our destination and find her clutching her socks and shoes. She is 14 months-old now and her shoe-removal activities are starting to slow down, so perhaps there is hope for the future! Good luck!
-Lauren