PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Cost Comparison

loungeboykip
03-19-2002, 07:20 PM
These message boards have been so much help to me and my wife that I thought I give back a little.

I just completed a small sample survey of the cost of diapers. It's a spreadsheet that shows different diaper brands (including store brands) and how much they cost per diaper and per bundle at retailers (Wal-Mart, et al) and discount clubs (Costco, et al) in South Florida. The pricing is probably similar to many metro areas in the country.

It's sort of interesting to show where the money is spent.

Yes, yes, I know it's research-overkill but I actually needed to do the research anyway for professional reasons. So if anyone is interested I can email it to them, or if Alan & Denise want to post it on their site I'd be happy to provide it for download. It's just an excel spreadsheet so it's customizable to your local and you can add or subtract retailers and types of diapers if you want.

Contact me here [email protected]

egoldber
03-20-2002, 04:12 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I did a similar spreadsheet for formula prices in my area. :-) I did cost per ounce and cost per day for all the major stores in my area and for all the various packaging configurations (32 oz can, 16 ounce can, 4 oz easy sticks, RTF, etc.). Unfortunately, I don't think mine is so universally useful. I have found that formula prices vary dramatically around the country.

Another compulsive researcher,

melapin
12-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't suppose you have updated your spreadsheet for 2004?

mama2galpals
12-30-2004, 05:54 PM
FYI i just saw luvs diapers on sale for $10 at target (the big pack like 64 or something). great deal in my area!

rita
mommy to
olivia 2/7/97
stella 9/24/00
emma 1/23/03