PDA

View Full Version : New Born Attire

tbdw425
04-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Hate to sound stupid, but when the baby first comes home from the hospital (particularly when its belly button stump has not yet fallen off), how do you dress the baby? Can it still wear a onesie and be comfortable, or do you stick to diapers and t-shirts? I am expecting an early May baby.

Thanks for you help.

HOBSON725
04-01-2002, 04:26 PM
My baby wore onsies and sleepers before her belly button stump fell off and it didn't stick to anything. If you want to go w/t shirts, get the ones that don't go over the baby's head...that will just cause you and the baby to cry! This comes from experience!LOL. They make t shirts that tie or snap and don't go over the head. Hope I've helped ya out!
ECH

MelissaTC
04-01-2002, 08:53 PM
I just bought little t-shirts for this very purpose (I am due 6/11). They snap on the sides and actually come in long sleeves, with the little mitten cuffs so the baby can't scratch his or her face. The seams are also very flat to help with chaffing. I found them at Sears for 30% off. The brand is Little Wonders. Hope this helps.

-Melissa
:)

Elaine
04-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Not a stupid question at all. :)

I used the side-snap tee shirts until the belly button stump fell off (about 10 days after birth). But I really prefer onesies and haven't used tee shirts much since then -- they always seem to bunch up under clothes. So I wouldn't stock up on more than a few until you see if you like them.

Good luck!

MelissaTC
04-01-2002, 11:36 PM
I only bought 2 packs of 2 so I have 4 in total. I figured I wouldn't want to use them after the stump fell off so I didn't invest a whole lot into them. They had the matching caps which were adorable as well and so I bought 2 of those too. Thanks for the advice :)

-Melissa
:)