PDA

View Full Version : Keeping things organized question!

tilly2321
04-07-2002, 04:11 PM
Hello! I was in a baby store yesterday and they had these adorable little baskets that held all of the little socks for newborns and up. I inquired about them, but the owner said that they were around for forever and she doesn't remember where she got them. Does anyone have a good bin/basket for keeping track of all of those little one's socks. A dresser drawer with a bin on one side and onesies on the other sounds perfect to me rather than jumbling up a whole drawer with socks. I am a nut for organziation. Just makes life easier. Please let me know your ideas!
Elaine

mommymaria
04-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi, Elaine.

I use clear plastic drawer organizers that I found at Linens 'n Things to keep the baby's socks from wandering around. They are not made specifically for babies but come in different sizes to store things like lingerie and socks. I do not remember the specific brand name but have also seen them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Organized Living. Rubbermaid also makes some nice little plastic baskets for drawers. You should be able to find those at Kmart or Target.

Maria

Maria

rkschreiber
04-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I used shoe boxes and covered them with cute contact paper. They are perfect for separating drawers amd really cheap ;) You can find plain plastic bins at most discount stores (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) I am a neat freak, too and have used this method in my own drawers for years!!

EKWalsh
04-10-2002, 06:42 PM
I loved the look of the little lined baskets on the changing table, as shown in PB Kids catalog, but didn't to pay the PB price for them. I found a bunch, different sizes, lined in creme colored muslin, at Pier One...for around $6-8 often discounted. I have then lined up on the shelf of the changing table & keep socks in one, bibs & hats , diapers, onesies, towels & washcloths in others. I had one big one where I kept all of the baby's clothes (our nursery isn't big enough for a separate dresser), but have found it harder to find what I'm looking for now that he's getting older (6 mo), so I got more baskets at Pier One for shirts, pants, one piece etc. and keep them on the shelves in the linen closet attached to the nursery.

I've found it a handy system.

Hope that helps.

Elaine
04-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I just found some great wicker baskets at Ikea this weekend. The ones I got are too big to fit in a dresser drawer but they are great for the changing table, I think about 12x12 inches, something like that. I also got a slightly smaller, deeper one as a catch-all for little toys, rattles, assorted baby stuff. I'm going back to get more.

daisymommy
04-11-2002, 10:27 AM
Target is the best for things like this! Look in their drawer organizational system area (which is usually in the sink rack & cleaning section ironically enough). They have little bins in all sizes that snap together to fill any size drawer. Also, JC Penney catalog has deep baskets with liners to go under your changing table for 2/$36 very cheap compared to PB or others. Hope that helps!
Amy

Dana74
04-15-2002, 09:50 PM
I too went to Pier One and got the lined baskets. They are wonderful! They look just like the ones in PB Kids but they were much cheaper. Target had some similar there the other day! A friend of mine used the little plastic baskets that you can buy at dollar general for hers!