PDA

View Full Version : Diapers : Target brands & Wal-mart brands

jennfier
04-11-2002, 06:05 PM
What is the difference between Target's 'Loving Touch' and 'Baby Favorite' besides $2 ? And between Wal-mart's 'White Cloud' and 'Dri-Bottoms' ?

I like Pampers Baby Dry but would like to try some generic brand that is comparable in quality.

Thanks !
Jenn

nywifey
04-17-2002, 10:50 PM
If you go to www.epinions.com then search for the member SGENTILE your'll find she has written wonderful reviews on baby products. She has a very detailed review on White Cloud diapers, Dri Bottoms, vs. Pampers.

Hope this helps.

egoldber
04-18-2002, 07:31 AM
Luvs is not a generic brand, but they are cheaper than Pampers (at least where I shop). They are made by the same company that makes Pampers (Proctor&Gamble) and as far as I can tell are almost identical to Pampers Baby Dry. They certainly perform just as well. The only differences that I can see are the decoration (Barney, I'm afraid)) and they have a definite fragrance. (Some people think that Pampers has a strong fragrance also, but I have never noticed it). At the Target near me, a jumbo pack of Baby Dry (size 4, 42 diapers) is $11.97 and a jumbo pack of Luvs (size 4, 42 diapers) is $7.19. Quite a difference! The only downside to Luvs (besides Barney and the scent) is that they don't seem to be as widely available as Pampers. I have to get them at Target, since the Safeway around the corner from me doesn't carry them. Foruntately :-) I seem to be at Target at least once a week.

Also, the Luvs wipes are almost identical to the Pampers wipes. They just don't come in as many "varieties". They are also significantly cheaper.

HTH,

egoldber
04-18-2002, 07:34 AM
Oh, I almost forgot, I have not used the store brands, since I have read that they are of the Huggies "style" rather than the Pampers "style". If you prefer Pampers to Huggies then I would buy a small package before buying a lot of diapers.

HTH,