PDA

View Full Version : Hooded Towels

Libby_1
04-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Can anyone suggest where to get nice, soft hooded towels? I have one from Gymboree and it nice and thick soft terry cotton. I got it on sale for $10. Now they are out of stock on that line. My due date (27th) is quickly approaching and I only have one hooded towel. How many should I have on hand?

Thanks, Liz

momathome
04-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Three, I think, is a good number to have, although I purchased about a dozen washcloths - I just found that I was going through them like crazy. I am a big fan of Carters for layette items like towels, washcloths, undershirts, onesies, stretchies, etc. I have used this stuff for 2 babies now and everything is still in great shape. In fact, when I was visiting my parents a few years ago with my first baby, they still had an old Carters hooded towel that was MINE from 24 years ago and it was still in good enough condition to use on my daughter. Good luck!
-Lauren

suzska
04-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Just be careful, because not all Carter's hooded towels are "created equal." I have three solid ones (two white on sale at KRU and a blue that was a baby gift) and they are great--large and they didn't shrink much. But I bought one of the "Just One Year" pattern, that came with a matching washcloth, and it's awful--it shrunk and isn't big enough to cover my son well. The solid ones don't come with washcloths.

I got a pack of the Gerber (?) washcloths as a gift, and they work well enough. I bought a 4-pack of a different brand from BRU (that came in a little mesh bag). These are a little better (and larger) than the Gerber ones. But I use them all. I'm not as crazy about the "thicker" ones that came with hooded towels and that have a binding around the edge--they're actually too thick to clean around little ears.

I actually bought several other brands of hooded towel/washcloth sets, but they were a waste of money. I really liked the solid Carter's one I got as a gift, so when I found the other ones on sale at KRU, I snatched them up!

And how many you need depends on how often you give your baby a bath, and how often you do laundry. I launder them after every use (because my son often "pees" in the towel as I'm drying him off and before I can get a diaper on :-( ).

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

twins r fun
04-14-2002, 09:54 AM
I got some really nice ones from JC Penneys-the bright futures brand. They are thicker and softer than any of the others I have and they were either $10 each or $10 for 2. I think it was each and they came with a washcloth.

daisy1234
04-14-2002, 01:58 PM
A friend of mine really loved the ones at the Gap...She found them onsale for about $8-12 each. I have several of the carters. I agree they are not all created equal. I know I always check if tey are soft and 100% cotton. Good luck!

GreenIZ1971
04-14-2002, 10:12 PM
I saw some really nice thick ones at Ikea of all places... I had already purchased two Gerbers so decided not to get them...

The price was really reasonable, and they were large and thick.

Melanie
04-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I just wanted to agree that you should get Carter's. I have one plain white one and then a blue lion one from the EMU collection that came with a wash cloth. Both are excellent. We have three other towels which were a total waste of money! We used three washclothes for every bath for the first couple of months. One for face & hands (no soap), one with soap, and one to cover the boy parts to keep us dry. =) Now that he can sit in a shallow baby tub of water we've dropped the one to cover him, but still use two.

You can live with just one towel, though. Don't stress & enjoy the little one.

>Can anyone suggest where to get nice, soft hooded towels? I
>have one from Gymboree and it nice and thick soft terry
>cotton. I got it on sale for $10. Now they are out of
>stock on that line. My due date (27th) is quickly
>approaching and I only have one hooded towel. How many
>should I have on hand?
>
>Thanks, Liz

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001

Shirale
05-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Lands End actually makes a fantastic, thick hooded baby towel- with little embroidered ducks on the front. GAP also has one ( I think on sale now) which is pretty good, but not as soft (until its been washed a couple of times) the Gerber and Carter ones are ok- but not as thick, although they are soft! Good luck!