PDA

View Full Version : Favorite diaper wipes?

Rachels
04-27-2002, 07:16 AM
What kinds of wipes are your favorites? I'd like something reasonably thick that's comfortable against the baby's skin. Thanks!

m2tandk
04-27-2002, 11:03 AM
I always used Huggies Supreme Care and they were ok, but then I tried Pampers with Aloe and loved those. I have since started using Costco Kirkland wipes and I love them. They aren't real thick, but they clean really well!!

Kelly

jennfier
04-30-2002, 08:03 AM
I prefer CVS fragrance free to the Huggies. The CVS fragrance free one is thick and not soapy. (CVS with fragrance are the worst so don't confuse that with the fragrance free one).

Jennifier

bguarineri
05-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Costco's Kirkland wipes - hands down! They are clean up the best & seem softer than the other Pampers, Huggies, etc.

luvbeinmama
05-17-2002, 05:20 PM
I have to agree with the others... Costco's Kirkland brand wipes! Extra plus is that they are pop-up wipes!

I found the Huggies wipes would... how do I say this... some of the surface fibers would rub off and you end up with little "pills" like if you wet a sticker and rubbed your finger over it. AND they do NOT pop up.

tjham
05-18-2002, 02:06 AM
Here's another vote for Kirkland! They are real cloth!

joodyjr
07-22-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm a pampers wipe mama! I generally look for the original, but have used the Aloe and they are nice too. The only thing that bugs me about them is that by the time you get to the bottom, they are soaking wet. I learned to just wring them out and poor the water(?) out before inserting a refill. I also store them upside down before use so the excess gets to the top. I've tried Huggies and they were just too dry and rough. I also was given a couple of generics at a baby shower and they smelled really bad, White Cloud I think it was, that was the worst.

Melanie
07-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Huggies Supreme Care unscented. Dh doesn't like the real coth ones (tried Target's) or else I would try Costco's with such a resounding endorsement.

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
07-22-2002, 09:40 PM
Well, we use both Pampers and Huggies :) . I prefer Huggies and DH prefers the pop-up Pampers. I like to buy the unscented versions when I can, but have used the other ones with no problems. I don't like the Costco ones (Kirkland) because I think they are smaller and thinner than the other brands. I also have not been pleased when I have tried other less expensive brands. I just try to use a coupon and buy on sale.

MinnieMouse
07-23-2002, 08:44 AM
Pampers either original or Aloe.

We got both Huggies and Pampers wipes in the beginning...tried each. Dh HATED the Huggies wipes...thought they were too thick and difficult to use on poopy butts!

The Pampers wipes have worked very well for us for the last year. We also have the same problem with the wet wipes at the bottom. We usually just buy refills so when they get low and really soggy, I dump the excess liquid, put in a new refill and put the "wet" wipes on top...they usually all fit in the box. By the time I need another wipe, most of the excess water has moved out of the top wipes.

HTH

Christine

BTW We like Huggies diapers....dh can't stand the smell of the Pampers...which fit dd now...but didn't when she was a newborn.

daisymommy
07-24-2002, 10:46 AM
If you have a BJ's bulk store near you (similar to Costco), try their store brand of wipes "Berkley & Jensen". They are just like a soft flannel washcloth, with the right amount of cleanser on it. I have several trial size packs of all the brands out there, and find these to be softer and more cloth like than either Pampers or Huggies. Yes, you can buy them in fragrance and alcohol free (I think they have a "touch of aloe" ) Cost- $8.99 for 400 count box of Berkley & Jensen, versus Huggies Natural Care at $6.97 (Walmart)for 240 count.

pearl
09-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Huggies Natural Care has been wonderful. We haven't had a diaper rash yet.

brubeck
09-07-2002, 05:50 PM
We like the Pampers Unscented Wipes. They are cloth-like enough not to be rough against my daughter's skins and we have found that some of the no-name type brands are closer to paper towel texture.

We too have a problem with the excess moisture, but I just squeeze out the refill pack over the sink before I insert it and no problem. I was wondering if I was just too picky about this. You have to wonder why Pampers puts so much liquid inside. Is it to prolong the shelf life?

thorsmom
09-08-2002, 11:28 PM
I have to throw my vote in with the Costco kirkland wipes. I've also used the huggies and pampers wipes and did not think I would like the kirkland wipes because they were so much thinner, but they're really soft and they clean really well.

laura_winckler
09-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Johnson and Johnson's wipes? I noticed them in BRU recently and was wondering about them.

Laura
SAHM to Eric (9/5/00) and Robin (9/3/02)

laura_winckler
09-24-2002, 12:09 PM
FYI - my ped. told me today that baby wipes can encourage fungal growth in babies. My DD has a fungus related diaper rash (eeww!), and the dr. suggested using a plain wet washcloth or one with a little bit of baby soap on it if the diaper rash keeps coming back. So if you're having a diaper rash problem, that might be the culprit!

Laura
SAHM to Eric (9/5/00) and Robin (9/3/02)

lesliepear
09-25-2002, 01:00 PM
The childcare class at the hospital recommended these for the first 6 weeks (use size #4102)

http://ecatalog.ethicon.com/ec_ecatalog/skinandwoundcare/content/CAT_446.htm

We had to order them at our pharmacy, but they aren't too expensive - 1.99 for a box of 40. This is what the hospital uses on the newborns.

DeborahM
11-12-2002, 03:19 PM
I've tried a couple brands - pampers, huggies and CVS. I have started using pampers sensitive -- they seem the softest out of these three brands and kinds (aloe, fragrance free, etc.)