PDA

View Full Version : pants for a tall & thin toddler

APG
05-08-2002, 05:57 PM
My 18 month old daughter is only 20lbs and she's tall. I've been having difficulty finding pants to fit her. Her 6-12 month pants are too short and pants that are sized 12-18 months fall down on her. the only luck i've had is with leggings from gymboree. its either that or dresses. any other suggestions? Price is not an issue.

egoldber
05-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Have you tried the Children's Place? I have found that their clothes seem to fit similar to those at Gymboree. There are many Children's Place outlet stores around the country. I stop there every time we drive to visit the grandparents. :)

HTH,

trumansmom
05-09-2002, 09:49 AM
Another place you might want to try is www.hannaandersson.com

Hanna Andersson pants often come cuffed so as you child grows in length, you get a couple of extra inches. My 5 month old is still wearing some of the things he wore when he was 2 months old now that I've uncuffed the pants. And he's grown 5 inches since then! (of course they were kind of big to start with...)

Plus - their stuff is really cute! Make sure to check the sale page, because Hannas tend to be kind of spendy.

Hope that helps!

luvbeinmama
05-09-2002, 06:40 PM
My nephew is rather thin, and my sil loves Old Navy stuff for him as everything else falls off. Also, they have great overalls, and their prices are really good.

Shirale
05-20-2002, 09:44 AM
I don't really know about toddler stuff, my 5 mo old is small, but taller percentage wise and I have found that even her 0-3 clothing still fits width wise, just length wise we have a problem! In terms of different brands, Childrens Place hasn't worked so well for us, because the legs seem to be shorter, although they are made thinner, which is good. GAP has been pretty good, although again the pants legs become short quicker...the Little Me brand (sold at dept stores) has been good, some of the 0-3 stuff still fits! Hannah A also seems to hold up pretty well. We do dresses also, which helps b/c length is irrelevant! Tights from Children's Place are good. Good luck and let me know what you find!

elf
06-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Overalls. You can buy them big and it doesn't matter if they're too big around. And, they're really quite cute.