PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Shelf Life?

ScrapNancy
05-15-2002, 04:37 PM
Do diapers and wipes have a shelf life before they need to be used or start to deteriorate or anything? I received several packages last summer as shower gifts when I was pregnant with a baby that we lost to stillbirth. I am trying to conceive again and want to just save all of the baby stuff for the next baby - do I need to worry about the diapers and wipes as long as they are stored in a cool, dry place away from humidity and temperature extremes? I also have gift certificates that I was supposed to cash in for diapers and wipes - I'm afraid that I will lose those little slips of paper (or that they will expire) and would like to turn them into diapers and wipes that I am less likely to lose than those little pieces of paper.....

luvbeinmama
05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
As far as I know, you can keep them and use them whenever. I haven't heard about a shelf-life for those items. As long as they are unopened, they should be just fine.

Elaine
05-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Considering the hullabaloo we always hear about diapers lasting for 8 million years in landfills, I really doubt the ones you received last year will be a problem! :)

I'm very sorry for your loss. Best wishes for a healthy, happy outcome to your next pregnancy!

ScrapNancy
05-24-2002, 12:28 AM
Thank you all for the information. You are correct. I e-mailed Huggies website at the same time I left the message here, not really expecting a response and was pleasantly surprised to get one the next day. They said there is no limit on the diapers, a year on the wipes.

Also thanks for the good wishes. Several days after I made the original post we learned we are in fact expecting again! :-) It is early (4+ weeks) and it will be a very complicated and high-risk pregnancy, but we hope that sometime not too long before January 27th we will have a user for all those diapers and wipes!

As I prepare for the new baby, I'm sure I will be popping up alot around here.

Nancy