PDA

View Full Version : Baby washcloths make GREAT pee shields!

luvbeinmama
05-15-2002, 04:48 PM
I was just going through "the book" again and thought I'd share this. The suggestion in the book is to have 3 baby towels & washcloths. I happened to get a TON of washcloths at my shower (I probably have 20 or so). So I used them to cover my son's penis during diaper changes and they worked GREAT! I just kept a stack on the changing table. They keep pee from going straight up, AND they are small enough not to interfere with the rest of the diaper changing process. Okay, you do have to not mind that the washcloth will be soaked when he does pee, but you wash your hands after changing them anyway, so it's not really a problem.

twins r fun
05-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Also extra washclothes are great to keep in the kitchen once you start solids to wipe off their faces and hands, and even the highchair.

Nicole

morgan
05-15-2002, 07:40 PM
also they act as great pee-shields during baths. Once that water hits my son is like a fountain! LOL!

suzska
05-16-2002, 03:17 PM
We have around 2-dozen cloth diapers, and that's what we use during diaper changes.

Melanie
05-16-2002, 08:54 PM
We use cloth diapers during changes, and used to use the washcloths during the bath, but now he sits up so the water covers him enough that he doesn't get cold.

Mommy to Little Jonah