PDA

View Full Version : clothing tags

jojo2324
07-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Is anyone else frustrated by the enormous size of the clothing tags for Gap? It's almost three inches long! And that's just the main one...Some things have side tags too. In my pre-delivery cleaning freak-out (I dare you to look at my house now :) I went through all of the newborn baby things and started cutting the tags off. It's a miracle I didn't cut the clothing. It just seems like it would be so irritating on babies' skin, especially since half the time the clothes don't fit them right to begin with and they're all bunched up and uncomfortable looking. Has anyone noticed this to be a problem with any other companies?

egoldber
07-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Gymboree also has pretty big tags. I didn't cut them out though because I knew I would forget sizes, etc. (I wash them long before she wears them.) The tags have never seemed to bother her.

caroliner
07-31-2002, 10:06 PM
I had the same thought and cut out a few of them, but I would recommend that you not waste your time cutting. My daughter does not mind them at all, and your baby might not either.

luvbeinmama
08-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Actually, you might want to leave the tags in, even though you'll forever be tucking them back in. The reason is this... those tags are usually made with plastic fibers, some of which can be fairly stiff. If you cut them, you may have the ends of some stiff fibers sticking into the back of your babies neck! So unless you can remove the whole thing with a ripper, I'd just leave it alone.

cara1
08-04-2002, 11:36 AM
gap tags are quite soft and don't bother my baby's sensitive skin. wait & see if they irritate yours before you make yourself nuts.