PDA

View Full Version : Help - what kind of diapers are these?

mamahill
08-05-2002, 03:10 PM
A friend of a friend gave us some diapers out of the packaging and I'd like to find out what kind they are. Pampers maybe? She's in the small (size 1-2 in Huggies). Across the band they have pink pigs, yellow bunnies and blue dogs. The tabs are mostly velcro. They seem to hold in the wetness a little easier than the Huggies I've been using (when I'd take her out of her carseat before, her bum would be a little damp, as if wetness was soaking through the diaper, not just out the legs).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

megsmom
08-06-2002, 02:38 AM
Possibly these are the store brand diapers of Babies R Us/Toys R Us called Especially for Baby. I've bought a lot of these diapers since they tend to be the next cheapest thing out there if you don't get a good sale with coupons or are not a member of a store likes Sam's, Costco, etc. I like them because they seem very cloth like on the sides and I've never had a leak problem with these diapers (well once, when we didn't get the diaper on right and she leaked out the front due to too little diaper in that area.) They tend to run a bit smaller than all of the major brands so the only disadvantage that I have found is you have to often upgrade a bit sooner to the next size.

suzska
08-06-2002, 12:27 PM
I don't know what kind they are, but I just wanted to say that I had awful luck with the BRU ones--lots of leaks! That was back when we were in newborn's, and I never tried them again.

mamahill
08-06-2002, 12:39 PM
Thank you for the info - I asked my friend and the only info she had was the anonymous white bag (maybe from a bulk purchase like costco or sam's) that had the url www.thenurseryroom.com. I've tried accessing that web site but the page is blank.

Thank you both for your help!

kathsmom
08-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Try the website again. I just clicked on it and a page came up. They have articles and I saw that you can get a $2.00 coupon when you purchase store brand diapers from participating stores listed. Just click on the internet coupon and then they will give you a list of stores that are participating. It also looked like they have a shop, but I really didn't see anything to click on to access shopping, but I really didn't look too much at the page.

Good luck with your mission and let us know if you find out the brand name of the diapers!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and baby boy on the way (9/30/02

ecarley
08-07-2002, 02:34 PM
I don't think they're Pampers, but for what it's worth, I do think Pampers hold in more wetness than Huggies or store brands. I've tried lots of different ones and always come back to Pampers.

riostoker
08-10-2002, 01:26 PM
They are expensive, but the best thing we've had for holding in wetness are the Pampers Custom Fit Cruisers. They are WONDERFUL. We only use them at night since that is when she is most likely to leak, so a small bag lasts us the whole month, but they are great. We just use Huggies Ultratrim during the day which work fine.

mamahill
08-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the advice on Pampers -- we've used Huggies from the beginning because that was what they had at the hospital, and for some reason Costco carries Huggies sizes 1-2 but not Pampers until size 3. When she gets that big, I think we'll try Pampers because whatever mystery diaper this is works WONDERFUL.

Thanks all for the feedback - I shall continue my hunt!

mamahill
08-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Hey Toni - I don't know if you'll check this, but I found out that they are indeed BRU's store brand called "Especially for Baby." At my BRU they are the "ultra thins." DD is growing out of the size 1-2 Huggies but the size 2 Huggies are a little too big still (weird how the sizing works), so I bought the BRU brand size 2 and so far they work great! I'm on the BRU mailing list so I have a bunch of 20% off coupons. Don't know if you can use the $2 off coupon as well for double savings, but I think I'll try it next time as DD seems to not be growing as fast as I had expected (4 1/2 months and not quite 13 pounds). Good luck with your last few weeks!

Cheers!

kathsmom
08-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Sarah,

Thank you for the information. I was just at BRU on Saturday with my mom. We were stocking up on the last items we need (and want!!) for the baby. I didn't even make it to the diaper section, because mom had gotten me the jumbo pack of Huggies. I will certainly try these out when I run out of my supply of Huggies.

Thanks for tracking this down and letting all of us know!!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and baby boy on the way (9/30/02)