PDA

View Full Version : pampers?

jojo2324
08-13-2002, 09:41 PM
I thought I had read something in an earlier post about the difference between Pampers Swaddlers and Baby Dry, but now I can't find it. What is the difference? And another thing...do the Swaddlers change to Cruisers at size 3? Does it just accomodate that most babies that size are crawling? Thanks!

luvbeinmama
08-14-2002, 12:56 AM
The Baby Dry is like Huggies Ultratrim diapers... good diapers, less expensive than the "better" diapers. Swaddlers and Cruisers and Easy-ups just appeared a few months ago replacing their "Premium" line. I haven't looked too closely, but, yes, I would assume that they just used the names swaddlers and cruisers for different sizes. Easy-ups are the pull-up diapers, which are new to the Pampers line.

The funny thing about the premium diapers, is that I found the Baby Dry diapers held more than the Premium, so I would never use the Premium ones for overnight. The Premium ones fit better, though, due mostly (I think) to the stretchy sides. Oooo, I just thought of something... my son is getting a heat rash on the sides of his hips (where there is no padding on the diaper). I may try the premium diapers to see if the stretchy part is better for breathability...

Oh, well, going to potty train soon anyway. Hope this helps!

brubeck
08-14-2002, 12:01 PM
I use the Pampers Premium line which is now the swaddlers/cruisers line. Yes, the only difference is the size, and that the cruisers (that begin at size 3) have stretchy sides.

I have found that the velcro is nicer on the cruisers, and the stretchy sides are terrific. Also, the feel of the diaper is more cloth-like, and less paper-like. It's a personal decision. Buy one pack of each and decide if the extra cost of the cruisers diapers are worth it over the Bay Dry.

Oh yeah, the Baby Dry don't have the Sesame Street Characters. This probably doesn't matter to you now but it matters a great deal to my 20 month old daughter who points out Elmo on all her diapers and on the boxes in the changing room.

Back when they had Pampers Points, you got a lot more points buying the premium diapers rather than the Baby Dry. Of course the existence of future Pampers Perks promotions is unknown.