PDA

View Full Version : Pampers vs. Huggies

raynjen
08-15-2002, 10:21 PM
The main difference in how Huggies and Pampers fit is that Huggies are made for leaner/longer babies and Pampers are geared toward chubbier babies (like my DD). If you find your child consistently "outgrowing" their Huggies by weight try shifting them into Pampers. Conversely if you seem to be getting a lot of leg blow-outs and your child HASN'T reached the weight limit try the Huggies. This is what we found from our "research" within my husband's squadron which has had 30 babies over the last 22 months!
Hope this helps all you new moms out there!

trumansmom
08-16-2002, 09:15 AM
My son must be the exception that makes the rule! He's long and lean, yet we only use Pamper's Cruisers now. We used to use Huggies and Luvs, but had too many blowouts with Huggies, and Luvs never seemed to fit quite right. We really resisted spending the extra on the Cruisers, but they are so far the best fit for him. Don't you wish diapers were an exact science?!

Melanie
08-16-2002, 10:29 AM
I have a squishy baby (23 pounds, 28 inches) and we like Cruisers the best. When he used to be a lean baby, we preferred Loving Touch or Huggies.

Mommy to Jonah

wen
08-16-2002, 10:51 AM
We must be an exception, too. My daughter has always been long and lean and Pampers do far better than Huggies for her!

brubeck
08-16-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't know about the long & lean thing. We tried both Huggies and Pampers and I always found that the Huggies leaked, while the Pampers did not. My baby is 95th height percentile and 75th weight percentile so I guess she's tall and skinny. She does outgrow the Pampers diapers before the weight limit, but on the old packages they had a weight/height chart and she was always on the right size according to that. Also the diapers have an overlapping weight limit, and when she outgrows a size, she is still over the starting weight limit for the next one.

I think it's just personal preference. Some people (like me) find that the Huggies leak and feel papery and can't stand them. Some people (like a good Mommy friend of mine) find that the leaks aren't too bad and they can live with them for the lower price. Frankly I'm glad that both types of people are in the world. My friend and I trade coupons all the time and it's fabulous getting double the Pampers money off!

luvbeinmama
08-16-2002, 05:36 PM
I have also, seen just the opposite... with the babies in my playgroup and my nephews. Huggies for chubbier babies, Pampers for long & lean babies.

hardysmom
08-29-2002, 07:13 PM
yup-- my tall & thick 9 mo. DS (97th perrcentile for height and weight) stays leak-free with Huggies. When I tried Pampers they always leaked out the front/top. I heard Huggies were better with boys, Pampers with girls... no easy answer. I think it really comes down to the individual baby and how they move.

stephanie

joodyjr
08-30-2002, 04:14 PM
I tried Huggies when my son was newborn and just recently again at 20+ months old. NO LUCK either time. Constant leaks which really bugged me because they fit him so much better than the Pampers. I have to say my kid drinks gallons daily. But, Pampers does hold him, granted he looks like he's carrying a water balloon in his pants if I don't change him soon enough, but no leaks. Now, overnight is a different story. We have had pretty good success with the Huggies Overnights, as long as I make sure to "point" him properly! I didn't mind Luvs, but I wouldn't use them overnight. Overall I'm happiest with the Pampers Baby Dry. I don't notice a big enough improvement to warrant the cost of Cruisers. I'm expecting a daughter in October so let the Diaper games begin!!