PDA

View Full Version : Other Diaper Pails???

Alyse
08-18-2002, 09:23 AM
Was going to buy Diaper Champ based on many recommendations, DH saw it and said, "but it is so big!" - he saw Safety 1st odorless diaper pail and Diaper Dekor, both of which are smaller... I had never even considered anything out of the Genie v. Champ debate... any advise on these other brands???

jojo2324
08-18-2002, 10:52 AM
I love the champ...I don't think it is overly big, and the size is deceptive because it fills up awful fast!

Rachels
08-18-2002, 08:35 PM
I agree! We have the Champ at home. I was at my mom's over the last two weeks, and we were using a much smaller pail there. What a pain! I felt like I was emptying it every five minutes. One night I woke up at four AM needing to change my daughter, only to find that the pail was full again. You don't want to run into this kind of scenario. You'll be changing billions of diapers a day at first, and a sizable pail is a good thing.

KJB1126
08-23-2002, 02:18 PM
I agree with the other two posters....the diapers pile up fast! I love my Diaper Champ! I was debating between the Genie/Champ, and what sold me on the Champ was it could take regular garbage bags.DD is 9 months old and eating solid foods (note: stinky diapers, especially after exclusive breastfeeding!) When I change the bags, I usually spray the inside of the Champ with Lysol (not that it was really stinky in the first place, but it did have a little smell...spraying the Lysol was DH's idea.) Hope this helps!

Kelly
Kaitlyn 11/21/01

caroliner
08-24-2002, 10:45 PM
I was going to get the Champ, but someone gave us the Genie as a gift, and I LOVE it! No smell and I just changed the canister for the first time and my baby is 2 months old, so it really is not a big expense to get the refills.

jojo2324
08-25-2002, 07:21 AM
That is true for us also...We have the Genie upstairs and the Champ downstairs, and they seem to fill up at the same rate. DS is just shy of 2 months and we had to add the refill last week. But his diapers are getting bigger and heavier, so I don't know how much longer that will last.

egoldber
08-25-2002, 07:50 AM
We gave 2 Genies, one upstairs and one downstairs that I have used for a year. I would estimate that I need to empty both about once a week. I also estimate that I change the refills on both about every 6 weeks.

HTH,

nina
08-31-2002, 04:31 PM
Another vote for the Diaper Champ. I personally haven't used the genie, though my sisters-in-law did.......and they were really impressed with my Champ.

I bought a "stick-up" and placed it inside the Champ... no smells (at least YET....I haven't started DS on solids yet)
:)

starrynight
09-04-2002, 01:56 PM
WE have the safety 1st odor free pail and we like it, it only cost us $17.00 and I buy the white trash bags for a 1.00 a box and I empty it once a week. There is no odor and there is a cup on the underside of the lid that an air freshner can be placed. It is somewhat child proof because you have to push a button and open it at the same time, to prevent toddlers from getting into it. HTH