PDA

View Full Version : Onsie Question

suzette
09-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Do babies wear short sleeved onsies all year long, or do they have long sleeve onsies for the winter? I got a bunch of short sleeve at my showers and I don't know if I should return them.

Thanks!
Suzette

twins r fun
09-10-2002, 09:18 AM
I used the short sleeved ones in the winter. I had a couple long sleeved ones which I never really used. Basically I used onesies to give an extra layer under the babies' clothes and keep thinks like zippers off their skin. I felt like the short sleeved ones were sufficient for this. In the summer we just use them for pajamas!

Nicole

Momof3Labs
09-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Going with what Nicole said, you won't dress them in a onesie alone in the winter - it will be under an outfit or sleeper as an extra layer. In the summer, onesies are nice to keep baby from overheating when it is hot.

I'd recommend keeping the short-sleeved ones - I think that you'll use them a lot!

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

egoldber
09-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Well, I loved long sleeve onesies. I had a few from Old Navy, babyGap and Gymboree that I just adored. I wasn't into layering Sarah, because she is very "hot blooded" (like her mom :) ) and gets very cranky when she is warm. So I never did the short sleeve onesie under an outfit thing. In the winter, she lived in long sleeve onesie and leggings outfits.

HTH,

Sheila
09-10-2002, 09:15 PM
I agree. Long-sleeved onesies (and the onesie turtlenecks) are great in the winter. My daughter wore them all the time last winter w/ overalls.

I also used short-sleeved onesies in the winter. They are nice under a blanket sleeper on really cold nights.

Sheila

________
Vapir No2 Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

brubeck
09-11-2002, 12:32 PM
There are long-sleeved ones for winter. They sell these at most stores and you should start to see them now with the Fall clothes coming out. But it depends on your climate. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where it doesn't snow, and most of the winter you can get away with a light rainjacket. So my daughter had both long and short sleeved onesies last winter and if it was cool I just stuck a sweater and hat on her. If you live in a place where it snows regularly and gets VERY cold, then you might not be using the short-sleeved ones as much.