PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Diapers at night

New_Mom
09-17-2002, 08:53 AM
I use cloth diapers during the day, but have been unsuccessful so far at night. I am sure he would soak through if I don't double up, but when I have tried doubling, it is so bulky that he can't move well and gets frustrated.

My current system is Small Chinese Prefolds and Medium Bumkin covers. DS is 4.5 months and 16 lbs.

Thanks for you help!!

lissy
09-18-2002, 01:26 AM
Congrats on your cloth diapering. We've experienced the same dilemma at our house. I've found that the Fuzzi Bunz diapers work best through the night with my daughter. Fuzzi Bunz is a diaper cover that has a soft fleece liner which covers your baby's bottom. There is a slot where you insert a chinese prefold in between the fleece and the outer part of the cover. I didn't believe it when I first tried it, but the fleece stays dry, keeping your baby's skin dry. All of the liquid is absorbed in the prefold. (it will be soaked, but the fleece will be dry).

I only bought one to start with, because I was skeptical. Once our baby started sleeping through the night, we used it all the time. I went back and bought 2 more, so that I could wash them corresponding to our diaper wash days.

They also work great if you are going to be out for several hours and don't have time or option of changing.

Fuzzi Bunz are more expensive- 13.95/ diaper- but they are worth the investment. Very trim fitting, excellent absorbtion and no more night time wake ups do to soggy diapers!

You can locate a retailer at www.fuzzibunz.com. Good luck!