PDA

View Full Version : Socks!!!

Rachels
09-22-2002, 07:29 AM
What brands of socks actually stay on? So far the Miniwear ones from BRU seem to work pretty well, while Baby Gap socks don't last a minute. Any other ideas?

egoldber
09-22-2002, 09:30 AM
No real ideas here (I basically gave up on socks without shoes for DD), but wanted to mention that I think Gymboree socks are the worst. I did have one pair of Hanna Andersson socks that I got as part of a hand me down outfit, and those did seem to stay on pretty well.

HTH,

candybomiller
09-22-2002, 09:55 AM
How funny. The only socks I like are Baby Gap and Gymboree. :) Guess I'm not much help....

Candy
-SAHM to Matthew Nicholas, born 5/22/02

m2tandk
09-22-2002, 12:32 PM
I loved Osh Kosh socks and booties. They always worked well for me. Carters booties were great too. Haven't tried Baby Gap though.

Kelly

New_Mom
09-22-2002, 02:20 PM
I like old Navy and Baby Gap-not the newborn socks, but the roll top socks. The Gymboree socks that match outfits work well too (except one pair that seemed to have weaker elastic).

Good Luck!!

SAHM to Sam 4/25/02

luvbeinmama
09-22-2002, 06:33 PM
The best socks I found were the Old Navy tri-fold socks (fold down 2-3 times). They never came off for me. Of course, once they start walking the point is sort of moot. I also really liked to use the footed stretch pants from Carter's during DS's first year. That eliminated the sock problem altogether.

suzska
09-22-2002, 07:47 PM
We have now "converted" to Old Navy "grippy" socks--the ones that fold over once. I've never really had any problems with socks coming off on their own. Sometimes Evan does pull one off, of course. I also liked the McKids socks I got from Wal-Mart with the "grippies," but they're a little on the thick side and make it more difficult to get shoes on. DH use to hate putting socks on Evan (always left it for me to do), but now that we've tried the Old Navy ones, he's commented a few times on how nice they are.

laura_winckler
09-24-2002, 12:06 PM
When DS was tiny, we used Carter's socks because they seemed to stay on the best. With DD, we're having good luck with the Miniwear booties now that she's outgrown the newborn socks. For over a year, the only socks that we have bought for DS are Old Navy. I love it that they have started labeling the size of the sock in the grippers!

Laura
SAHM to Eric (9/5/00) and Robin (9/3/02)

KJB1126
09-27-2002, 09:45 PM
I used Gold Bug socks and loved them, especially when DD was first born. You can find them at BRU.

Now I am using Fisher-Price socks (I think....I bought them at Wal-Mart awhile ago) and have not had any problems.

HTH,
Kelly
Kaitlyn
11/21/01

daisymommy
10-08-2002, 10:58 AM
I have had great success with any of the little bootie socks that come in clear plastic box. Carters, and Gold Bug makes them, as well as Walmart carries Carters "knock-offs" for half the price ($2.99 a a pair). Walmart also carries white sports type socks with a fold over cuff, made by I believe Fisher Price that stay on very well.

wen
10-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Well, Baby Gap socks work perfect for me - the roll down kind. My daughter - 8 mos. - is very active crawling and standing all over the place, and the socks never come off.