PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Premium/Custom Fit in cases?

brubeck
09-23-2002, 06:32 PM
I was thrilled a couple of months ago when BRU started offering cardboard boxes/cases of the Pampers Premium/Custom Fit (purple package). The price was better than for the Super Mega Packs and you could use those BRU 15% off coupons that they have in American Baby and Babytalk. However my BRU has stopped carrying them. My local TRU stores have a few cases left but it seems like they are just selling out their stock. Also, you usually can't use the 15% off coupons at TRU.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and a friend of mine in Michigan says that her BRU and TRU stopped carrying the cases months ago. Also, she is using size 4s and when she couldn't find any recently she asked the employees who told her that as a nationwide corporate policy BRU/TRU would no longer carry ANY Pampers size 4s because the weights on the sizes were covered between sizes 3 and 5. Now this is baloney because everyone knows that smaller sizes are cheaper and there is no way a mother whose baby fits size 4 would voluntarily buy size 5s.

Basically I want to know if anyone else has heard anything along these lines in other parts of the country. Essentially: does your BRU/TRU carry the cases of Pampers Premium/Custom Fit anymore? And have they stopped carrying size 4s?

egoldber
09-23-2002, 06:50 PM
I was just in TRU today and they had simply scads of them (Northern VA, sorry!) I think that size 4's sell out pretty quickly, because they do cover a broad weight/age range. They seem to be the most popular size and I nearly always have to hunt for them if Pampers are on sale.

I don't know this for a fact, but my guess would be that these larger packs are promotional items, not a "standard" item, so they have them sometimes and not others. My TRU used to carry Luvs in the large packs, and I haven't seen those in awhile. My Target used to have them too and the last time I was there, they only had a couple left. Maybe you could call around a few places?

HTH,

ct
09-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Those cases are what they sell at the warehouse clubs (Sam's, Costco) - maybe they had a problem with TRU and BRU carrying them. I've heard of stores threatening to boycott carrying products if they are carried at competing type stores (and I'll bet the warehouse clubs weren't happy that stores that don't require membership fees were carrying 'their' products). Just a guess. I never saw the cases at my TRU or BRU, but they used to be at my Target and no longer are. Course, I buy them at Sam's Club now. Just a guess though.

ct

brubeck
09-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I have a Costco membership (no Sam's or BJ's around here) but the only cases I have ever seen were for the Pampers baby Dry, which TRU and BRU carry all the time. The Premium/Cruisers cases are very difficult to find in any store. If they had them at Costco I would be there buying them!

The only thing I have found around here that is close are the Super Mega packs at Target for $21. But they are also only in stock on occasion.

ct
09-25-2002, 01:35 PM
That's too bad! I'm almost positive that the Sam's Club (that's where I have a membership) carries the Pampers Premium in cases - which is why I don't buy them. I prefer the Huggies Ultratrim which they also have cases of and the Pampers Baby Dry which they don't have cases of. Guess it depends on the stores. Good luck to you...

ct

Melanie
09-25-2002, 05:06 PM
So, to absolutely not answer your question... ;-)

I saw cases of 80 at Walmart today for $20. Also, they had bags of 74+6 (80-duh) for $18.03.

I purchased a case of Size 4 diapers from BRU in So. Cal. about a month ago...can't recall the price though. Our Costco does NOT sell the Custom Cruisers.

Mommy to Jonah

brubeck
09-25-2002, 06:17 PM
So to add insult to injury, yesterday in the mail I got a BRU coupon that gives you $5 off a case of Pampers or Huggies diapers. You could even use it on multiple items! However the 3 BRUs in driving distance (Union City, Dublin and San Jose, CA) all seem to be out of Pampers Premium/Cruisers cases. Arrrggghhhh! It's a Pampers conspiracy! :-)