PDA

View Full Version : Help with Robeez, please :)

dd_ani
09-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Just a quick question about Robeez -- do they tend to run true to size? I am about to order our first pair, and I don't want to get them too small.

Also, have you had good luck with ordering off of their website? It seems to be our only option, unless we want to go out of state.....

Thanks!

Michelle

(Hoping these questions are easier than trying to decide on pink kitty or classic white....:))

KathyO
09-30-2002, 03:06 PM
My daughter runs right along the middle percentile for height, and the Robeez matched her feet exactly at the age as advertised.

You'll be horrified when you first get them, because they flatten into little floppy pancakes in the mail, and will look WAY too big, but once they've been worn for a few days, they start to take on the feet's shape and don't look so shapeless and clowny.

The ordering setup off the website worked fine for me, and the shoes showed up quite promptly, no problems.

And... go for the pink kitty - (everyone channel their mothers, and all together in chorus now...) "It won't show the dirt so much." ;-D

Cheers,

KathyO

cara1
10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Also trying to decide on shoes...
I saw these on the Hanna Andersson website; are they Robeez?
http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style01.asp?from=SC%7C3%7C95%7C5%7C1%7C84%7C5%7C1&scid=G14N554L5G4D8NMBSW11D2PTDEXP95PA

The velcro seems to go across the ankle. I thought that the newest information on baby shoes was that they shouldn't have ankle support. Does anyone recommend these? They're pretty cute...

Melanie
10-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Now I'm stumped, do I buy the shoes according to his age or according to the clothing size he wears? Ds is 11 months, but wears size 18 months.

Mommy to Jonah

(...and we're probably going with the Cream Puppy or the Classic White to match his Baptism Outfit).

KathyO
10-01-2002, 07:22 PM
In answer to Cara, the shoes you pointed out are not Robeez. Robeez are leather, and don't have the velcro around-the-ankle band. At a guess I'd say that the Robeez will be tougher and will offer more traction, but that's only a guess. The ones you saw are really cute, though!

And as regards the sizing problem for Melanie's fella, I'd recommend either (A) checking out the sizing chart they have stashed somewhere on the Robeez site that gives actual measurements for each size, or even (B) giving them a call directly or e-mailing them to ask, and see what they say. They were awfully friendly when I talked to them.

Good luck!

KathyO
Who really shouldn't be giving fashion advice seeing as she wore Keds under her wedding dress...

trumansmom
10-02-2002, 08:40 AM
I highly recommend measuring. My son has really big feet. He just turned 10 months old and about to grow out of his 12-18 month Robeez.

Melanie
10-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Good idea! He's napping, but I measured the 1 pair of Old Navy's which still fit him...

Another question... Robeez or Shoo B Kids? Anyone?

Mommy to Jonah