PDA

View Full Version : Sleep sacks

jojo2324
10-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi there...just wondering if people used the fleece sleep sacks? I know that both Halo and Carter's make them, Carter's being much less. Does anyone worry about overheating? I don't know if I should dress him in a couple of layers and just use the normal sleep sack or the fleece. For some reason I feel like he should be cold before he's warm...I guess just worried about SIDS. TIA!

Magda
10-02-2002, 04:30 PM
I've used the sleep sack from carters. I either put a tee shirt or nothing under it. I love it because the zipper makes night time diaper changes a snap(I lose all fine motor skills at 3 in the morning) and I don't want a blanket in the crib. Even if I did, DS moves so much that it wouldn't do any good.

Elaine

toniteach
10-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Joanne and all...please let me know what you decide to do. I'm going to get a Halo Sleep sack, but not sure whether to get it in fleece or flannel. Any suggestions?!?

TIA,
Toni
edd 12-7-02

jojo2324
10-03-2002, 11:08 AM
I didn't realize they make them in flannel. I have only seen the fleece or treated cotton ones. I think that I am going to bite the bullet and get one Halo cotton one (We are still having some pretty warm and muggy nights.) and one fleece one from Carter's for the coming winter.

thorsmom
10-04-2002, 11:44 AM
I live in the Pacific NW and we use the HALO Fleece Sleep Sack and DS loves it. When it was warmer we would dress him in a little T'shirt and the sleepsack or just the sleepsack alone and now that it is a little colder we put him in a sleeper and the sleep sack and he doesn't seem to be too warm or too cold. I haven't tried the Carter's sleep sack.
HTH

alexsharp
10-07-2002, 03:02 PM
I used the Halo Sleep Sack for my daughter last winter. We keep the house at approx 68 degrees at night and I would use a cotton sleeper and the lighter weight sleep sack - because it has no sleeves. I had the heavier sack and hardly used it - it just seemed too hot for our climate (DC area). But all in all I loved it.

caroliner
10-07-2002, 11:43 PM
I live in coastal San Diego and we have the cotton and fleece sleep sacks. We love them! It is part of Caroline's bed time routine to get in her "sleepy suit". I think the Carters ones have sleeves, so we did not want those as they seemed too warm for us. When it was warm, I would put her in a short sleeve onesie with the cotton sleep sack. Now, it is a little cooler and she is usually in a sleeper with the fleece sleep sack. She moves around way too much for me to feel comfortable with even a light blanket and they are really a great solution.

teddy
10-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Are Halo sleep sacks available in a store? I asked at Babies R Us but they don't carry them. thanks.

egoldber
10-09-2002, 09:13 PM
I have seen them in various specialty baby shops. You may want to call around.

HTH,

colleenfs
10-13-2002, 08:43 PM
>Are Halo sleep sacks available in a store? I asked at
>Babies R Us but they don't carry them. thanks.

They are in the One Step Ahead catalog. Online at [http://www.onestepahead.com]. Also online at BabyCenter [http://store.babycenter.com/search/search.jhtml?query=halo].

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

teddy
10-14-2002, 05:52 PM
i checked the prices on the sites you suggested and ended up buying them from HALO directly - a few bucks cheaper. they have a website where you can order on line or by phone. thanks for the information!!!

spu
10-16-2002, 02:39 PM
I use the carters fleece sleep sacs and I love them! The babies don't seem to overheat in them. We don't use blankets for the babies yet so the sacs work out great. I like the sleeves on the carters. If it's a chilly night, I can pull the arms over theier hands to keep their hands warm. I usually put them in a onsie or a light sleeper underneath. -- though, this weekend, we're going to NH on vaca, so they may be in their fleece sleepers and fleece sleep sacs if it's cold.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

NancyB
10-16-2002, 04:07 PM
I just came home with the new baby and am using the fleece sack with his gown and he loves it. The swaddling blanket thing that they recommend at the hospital did not work with him, the sleep sack worked like a dream. We live in New England and keep the house at 68. He does not get too hot in it. the gown is pretty light weight

suzette
10-29-2002, 03:02 PM
I just got my fleece sleep sack and I love it. The best price I've found is www.tessakids.com.

August Mom
11-02-2002, 08:56 PM
We use the Halo sleep sack and really like it. One of the good things about not having sleeves is that they can't be too long. Plus, the Halo sleep sacks come in different sizes. The Carters one size fits all blanket sleeper is too big for my little one. Yet, we started using the small size Halo sleep sack when Justin was just two weeks old. Also, the sleep sack comes through the wash very well.

We like the Halo sleep sack so much that we decided to buy a second one. That way we can have one in the laundry and one to wear.

The best price we've found for the Halo sleep sack is $19.99, plus tax and shipping, at www.sears.com. Right now, there is a full rebate on standard shipping.

Momof3Labs
11-02-2002, 10:25 PM
I personally prefer Carter's, even for my newborn (the cuffs are snug enough that the sleeve length isn't an issue), but saw the Halo sacks yesterday at Kohl's department stores, in case anyone is looking for a local retailer of them.

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02