PDA

View Full Version : "Bundle Me" Blanket

bnme
10-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can get this other than Babystyle.com? They have it for $39.

Anyone use this and have opinions? My DS is due in December and I am thinking of using this with his carset as his "coat" with maybe a sleeper and fleece outfit underneath.

I don't see many snow suits for infants that aren't more than fleece. Plus there is the concern of saftey if wearing bulkiy clothes while strapped in carseat. It seems this would be safe since it zips over baby (?)

nywifey
10-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Baby Depot sells it for $24.99, that's the lowest I've ever seen it for. Buy Buy Baby also sells it for $39.99.

I love it. It's great for running errands when your in and out of stores. Just unzip, zip, unzip, zip, etc....

The Bundle Me actually lines the carseat, the buckles have openings to come out of, then you fold the top over baby and zip up and go. When your inside a store, just unzip and flop the top portion off. It's so simple and convenient.

mspacman
10-17-2002, 11:09 PM
I also really liked this product. The one at Baby Depot is called Baby Bundle but it's made by the same company. It's really easy to install because it has large slots with velcro fasteners, so no threading of straps is necessary. I also liked how you could zip off the cover entirely for going into a store or mall. With the Baby Bundle, I had no need for snow suits which are hard to put on a newborn anyway, and a real pain when changing diapers.

daisymommy
10-18-2002, 01:15 PM
BRU has one just like this for $24.99 called the Wrap and Ride that is found along with all their other car seat "cozy-covers" or whatever you want to call them. I bought it and installed it yesterday. I got one that is grey fleece on the inside and navy blue fleece outside (for my DS). It even has a little head/face coverup flap that is removeable, that could be used as you sprint into the store when it is snowing/raining/windy to keep out the draft. I haven't taken Josh out in it yet, but it seems like it will work great, and it's very soft!

sparkeze
10-19-2002, 10:55 PM
If you have a TJ Maxx nearby, try there. I got one for $12.99.

colleenfs
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know if there are similar products for older infants who are in convertible carseats?

Many thanks,
Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

mommychic
10-24-2002, 09:34 PM
Check out the "Bundle Me Big" I'd go to their website bundleme.com to locate retailers, as that one is new and not too popular just yet.

HTH,
Lisa

suzette
10-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Is the Baby Bundle at Baby Depot the same as the Bundle Me? They are both made by JJ Cole, but what the big price difference?

Also...does anyone like the Baby Bundle Lite?

Thanks!

suzette
11-01-2002, 12:41 PM
I contacted the manufacturer and here is the difference between the Baby Bundle and Bundle Me:

The Bundle Me and the Baby Bundle are both made by JJ COLE. The Bundle Me is different from the Baby Bundle in a few different ways. The Bundle Me is a bit more expensive. It comes in seven different colors opposed to the Baby Bundle which comes in navy only. The Bundle Me has a two-way zipper.
Also, the Bundle Me is found in specialty shops, the Baby Bundle is found in Baby Depot.

mommychic
11-01-2002, 08:44 PM
But Buy Buy Baby sells the Bundle Me and it's not a specialty shop it's a Baby Superstore.

So basically other than the colors, the Baby Bundle has one zipper instead of two? If that's the case, it's worth the $10 savings.

Thanks for finding out for us!
Lisa

mspacman
11-02-2002, 01:10 AM
My Baby Bundle has 2 zippers, and the top comes off completely. It looks identical to the navy one pictured on the Bundle Me site.

ct
11-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Yep - I just bought a Baby Bundle today at Baby Depot and it has two zippers as well - top comes right off. The only difference aside from price and the lack of a color selection I can see is that the Baby Bundle has a cheesy tag sewn onto it, but that is what seam rippers were made for :).

ct
SAHM to Lilli (9/20/00) & Alec (10/21/02)

C99
03-29-2003, 12:26 PM
>selection I can see is that the Baby Bundle has a cheesy tag
>sewn onto it, but that is what seam rippers were made for

Nope, the Bundle Me has one of those as well.

AngelaS
03-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Here's a WAHM one--- http://www.picturetrail.com/angeladms It's a little different, but still looks really nice. This is the style I had and I really liked it.

Bridget in MD
04-03-2003, 04:22 PM
I have the Bundle Me, and love it. I use it in her carseat and the stroller. The only thing I did was cut it so I didn't have to undo the straps of the car seat all the time to get it off. Email me if you want explainations of how I cut it! I paid $40 for it at babycenter.com, and think it was worth it! No hassle, just pop the baby in!!

HTH!
Bridget in MD =)

Calmegja
04-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Just sticking my nose in and adding my two cents...

You should check with the experts at the carseat boards (like at ParentsPlace, or car-safety.org) before using the Bundle Me products in a moving vehicle. The style of under the baby is generally non-recommended for use, as it can compress in an accident, and lead to an ejection risk. It's fine for a stroller, and fine in a non-moving car seat (outside of the car), buti t's not usually considered a good choice for in the car.

Kiddopotamus makes an attachable blanket that only goes on top, as well as Land's End. They don't interfere with the straps or add to any compression risk.....

Hope that helps....the Bundle Me's are terrific for strollers, just not so great for a carseat....;-)

Calmegja
04-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Two thumbs up for this design (the WAHM design)...it's the type of blanket recommended by carseat techs for safety.... ;-)

Calmegja
04-03-2003, 06:38 PM
The above post was supposed to go under the link for the WAHM design! Not sure how it ended up here.....

AngelaS
04-04-2003, 05:39 PM
The WAHM one only goes over the seat. It doesn't go under the baby. You strap in the baby, then put the cover over the top. :) HTH.

Calmegja
04-04-2003, 05:56 PM
I know- I was trying to praise it with my post, but it bumped down to the botton...it's a terrific design, and so safe for baby! ;-) I was trying to point it out as a better choice for a carseat than a bundle me, but heck if I know how my posts ended up at the bottom of the page...