PDA

View Full Version : For CDing Moms, what diaper bag do you use?

MelissaTC
10-19-2002, 11:12 AM
I began cding this week and realized that my prefolds, extra covers, and all the other baby stuff I carry in my combi us just doesn't seem to fit. I am looking for a diaper bag that can hold all of it. I am not really fond of backpacks but if that is a better option, so be it. I was looking at the Land's End Do It All but wonder since it is now smaller if it would still be a good choice. I currently own a Little Tripper and Deluxe and love them both for different reasons. Anyway, all suggestions are welcome!

-Melissa :)

Caroline99
10-19-2002, 11:56 AM
What's CDing?

MelissaTC
10-19-2002, 12:35 PM
cloth diapering

egoldber
10-21-2002, 03:04 PM
I have the same question, since I use the Urban Sling and the Little Tripper. I don't think that either is going to cut it when I start using cloth. Have you looked at the Combi Traditional bag? It is pretty roomy and is very functional, like the Urban Sling. I am also curious about the new LE messenger bag.

Zansu
10-21-2002, 06:06 PM
I use cloth diapers and I just ordered the LE Messenger. I'll post as soon as I have some IRL experiences to share.

Suzanne

egoldber
10-21-2002, 07:29 PM
Thanks!!!!

kathsmom
10-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Melissa,

I don't use cloth diapers, but I found a review on babiesrus.com from someone who does use cloth diapers. The review is for the ActivPak backpack by Baby Trend (I believe the review is for the navy one, but you may want to check under the black one as well). Anyway, this mom loved this backpack diaper bag and said that she used cloth diapers and could fit a dozen cloth diapers in her bag. I have purchased this bag to try out and it is very large and roomy. It comes with several accessory items as well - a dirty duds bag, bottle holder, cosmetic/food pouch, and changing pad. It also has a ton of pockets.

I have the new Lands' End Do-It-All and I really think it would be big enough for what you need, even though it is smaller than the one they just phased out.

I know that Nina had posted under the stroller/diaper bag forum that she was sending her Lands' End messenger bag back. You may want to check out her post on the forum under the thread about the Avent carryall diaper bag.

HTH and good luck finding a bag! I am still searching for the perfect bag. I have been using the one from the hospital until I can decide which bags I am going to keep (so far I have 4, but am going back to BRU tomorrow to look at more! DH thinks I am insane, but he lets me keep buying them to try out, as long as I don't keep them all!!).

Toni -mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

egoldber
10-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, I looked at several diaper bags this week and ended up getting the Combi Traditional bag. I easily have room for 3 all in one cloth diapers in there, plus all the other stuff I like to carry. It has lots of great pockets and compartments. I played around with the strap and I can even wear it "messenger style" as long as I don't fill it with too much stuff. It's a very nice bag. The one thing it didn't have was a cellphone pocket, but I had an add-on one that used on another bag and I just attached it to the bag.

I also looked at the Avent Microfiber Baby Bag that has been discussed in another thread, but it didn't seem as well organized to me, although I loved the light color interior.

BRU has a new line of diaper bags called something like Smart Baby Essential bags. They have several bags in various styles (tote, messenger, backpack, traditional) and all are well designed with a lot of great features. I tried out their messenger bag, but it didn't seem to fit my stuff as well as the Combi bag did. There's just something about the design of the Combi bags that I really like.

HTH,

MelissaTC
11-03-2002, 12:43 PM
I wound up purchasing the LE Do It All and wow, you can do it all! :) I am able to carry everything I need in there. I can put 6 prefolds and 2 extra covers as well as the other million things I lug around with. I know that there are 2 kinds of diaper bag Moms- that kind that don't pack a lot or the kind that pack too much. Guess which one I am? LOL...I love this Do It All bag. This brings my diaper bag count up to 4 not including the one from the hospital. I have the Little Tripper, the Do It All, the Deluxe Do It All and the Combi US. My favorite bag is the US. I just love that bag!