PDA

View Full Version : absorba clothes

lauramom
10-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Has anyone ever heard of the brand Absorba? I was just in Filene's and they have some of these clothes on sale--it seems it's a French brand but the clothes were actually made in Thailand. Anyone have any experience with the clothes? Are they well-made/high quality? Thanks!!!!

Momof3Labs
10-23-2002, 02:01 PM
I have a few outfits by Absorba, and they are very nice quality, but I don't generally like the "access". That is, compared to other brands, they are generally harder to get on my baby and diaper changes are more work. Other brands do a better job giving you access to the baby.

But the fabrics are wonderful and the outfits are usually adorable!!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

lauramom
10-23-2002, 02:53 PM
thanks! I just found out I'm having a boy, and am excited to buy a few things, but I have no idea how difficult it is to change a baby! I will buy one outfit, and then try to wait a while!

kathsmom
10-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Hi, lauramom!

My neighbor gave me an Absorba outfit for DS. I had never heard of the line and have no idea where she bought it. It is so adorable! It is a light blue velour overall and shirt set (the shirt is even made of velour!). It has a bunny on the front and where his backside is, there is a bunny there too. It is size 6 month. It has the snaps between the legs to access the diaper.

HTH!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

mary b
10-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi, I have never tried these but I see them all the time at TJ Maxx.

Isabelsmom
11-03-2002, 04:44 AM
Hi, yes they do have these at TJ Maxx, but they are not real cheap even there. Like 14.99 or so. I have one of their outfits and it is really beautiful, a high quality cotton knit with embroidery. It washes well and still looks new. I'm sad she's growing out of it...
Dawn

holland2
11-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I received alot of Absorba clothing at my baby shower and must say that although they were cute, I was not too impressed. They shrink alot! I do not think it is worth the full price. If you get it on sale, then that is a different story, but recognize the shrinkage factor.

Caroline99
11-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I bought a friend of mine's daughter an Absorba outfit last year. It's cute as hell and I know that she wore it a bit, but I don't know how well made it actually was. The brand is French, but why should it be shocking that it's made overseas? Afterall, very few things in Baby Gap are made here.