PDA

View Full Version : need the best diaper rash solution any help?

NancyB
10-24-2002, 08:54 AM
I remember there where some posts about the diaper rash ointment/cream that was great. Can anyone help me with what has worked for you. Thanks in advance nancy

brubeck
10-25-2002, 05:32 PM
My daughter had one case of SEVERE diaper rash (screaming during changes, angry red bottom, etc.). Basically I slathered her in Desitin Creamy whenever I had the chance, let her bottom air out for a bit, bathed it in cold washcloths, and used the Pampers Rash Care diapers (the ones that have the ointment right in the diaper itself). After the rash was gone, I used the rest of the Rash Care diapers for another day, and the remainder at night (when she would be in her diaper the longest).

Some people have recommended a thing called Triple Paste that the pharmacist makes up. I have never used this. But apparently it is recommended if the normal OTC creams don't work.

luvbeinmama
10-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Check out my posts on the following thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=345&forum=DCForumID5

The concoction I mix up with the rash/clotrimazole/hydrocortizone is the same as the triple cream made by the pharmacists (or close to it). At least, that's what the dr. told me when she told me how to make it! Good Luck!!!! :)

tarheelmom
10-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Another parent here recommended the Triple Paste and I got some shortly after. It is SO great! One thing, though - the pharmacist doesn't make it. It's from a company called Summers Laboratories. I had to special order my jar of it from a local pharmacy, but it got there in one day. Good luck with that diaper rash - I hate it when my baby gets one!!

nohomama
10-28-2002, 04:25 AM
I've had great success with both Weleda Calendula Cream & Weleda Diaper Cream. I absolutely love Weleda's products and though they may not be the answer for a really severe rash (my daughter has never had a bad case), I thought I'd give them a plug.

Sarah