PDA

View Full Version : shoes? gap vs. gymboree vs stride rite

holland2
10-31-2002, 11:10 AM
My little one is 15mths and walks well. For everyday she has a pair of striderite shoes. For the more formal occasions I am looking for a good pair of patent leather but I do not want to spend $40 (stride rite). Gap sells Pat. leather as well for $20. Does anyone have any experience with these? are they flexible? comfortable.
thanks.

MinnieMouse
10-31-2002, 01:54 PM
My dd also 15mo has a great pair of patent leather shoes from payless..they were only $9.99! I have also seen some decent ones at Target but their stock isn't as good...very hit or miss for sizes. I just can't bring myself to buy dd a pair of $40 shoes that she's only going to wear for 2-3 months.

HTH

Christine

holland2
10-31-2002, 05:30 PM
did it take a long time to break them in? Where the payless shoes stiff? I just think that for the first two years it is important for them to have the right shoes- that is why I am willing to pay 40$ for 2-3 months. But for wearing them only 2-3 times, I would prefer the payless as well.

MinnieMouse
10-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Not at all...she walks..even runs fine in them. She's actually wearing them with her bumble bee costume for halloween...wore them on Monday for pictures and today at day care.

We've gotten sandals and sneakers there for her as well...and they've always been just fine.

I've also found shoes discounted at Value City...they aren't everywhere though. That's what's she's wearing now. We really like them and I dread having to go on a search for affordable cute white velcro sneakers yet again!

Christine

kk
11-03-2002, 11:30 AM
For formal shoes that won't take the abuse of daily wear, consider Target shoes. Always worked well for us. Kristan