PDA

View Full Version : "bundle me" vs "wrap&ride" vs land's end squall

mom2nicholas
11-07-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm looking for one of those car seat covers to wrap my 3 mo-old DS in. Anyone have any suggestions regarding the classic "bundle me" vs. all-fleece "wrap&ride" vs. the Land's End "Car Seat squall"? The LE Squall is appealing to me because it has a nylon shell, and I always worry about DS getting wet -- but will it be too hot? Also, what are the different types of zippers (all the way around vs. down the middle) and which is most convenient? We mostly go from home to car, but go to NYC on weekends where we'll be outside for longer periods. Thanks! -mom2nicholas

daisymommy
11-07-2002, 01:33 PM
Heres a copy of a previous post I wrote:
I had bought the Wrap and Ride ($24.99) from BRU which is fleece on the outside and inside. It looks very cute, but Josh sweated so badly in it I had to return it. I just bought and tried out the Baby Bundle $24.99(same thing and by same company as the Bundle Me)from Baby Depot which is sherpa inside and fleece on the outside and I must say he felt much more comfortable inside...no sweating, just warm and toasty. I think the sherpa breathes much better. Also, the Baby Bundle looks better in the carseat than the Wrap and Ride. It is more tailored and less bulky/sloppy looking. Sorry, no experience with the Lands End version.

sidney
11-08-2002, 11:06 AM
I haven't tried either yet. But I just purchased the Bundle Me online at Tessakids.com for $25.20 w/ free shipping.

corky
11-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did you get that price? I logged on and the only one they had listed was $35.50.

Thanks

Corky

mom2nicholas
11-12-2002, 08:15 PM
okay, so for those of you who might be reading this for the info -- I bought the land's end infant car seat squall and it is AWESOME. It has the aircore300 polartec on the inside, and nylon supplex (waterresistant) on the outside, and slots for the car seat belts (i.e. not elastic around the edge), with 2 zippers that go around to take the top off. Of course, it got warm again, so I haven't used it to know if it's too hot, but it has tremendous potential. Thanks, everyone!

joodyjr
11-12-2002, 11:23 PM
I am so glad you posted! I want to get the Lands End one and wasn't sure! Yay.. now I'm going to order it!!!

webma
11-15-2002, 03:38 PM
I bought a fleecey blanket outfit with snaps that can be used as a little coat. http://www.neatitems.com/baby.htm
It worked well for dd all winter (caveat: I live in the midatlantic and she was mostly going from here to there without long stays outside). When she out grew it I just used it as a blanket. The snaps come in very handy to curl the blanket around the stroller bars to keep it from falling off onto the ground. It's a coat for ds this winter.

bnme
11-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Oops, I previously had the names wrong...I think the 'Baby Bundle' is the lower cost version by jj Cole, not 'Wrap n Ride'

Has any one who has the 'baby bundle' or 'bundle me' seen the other? Since they are from the same comapny, I was just wondering how they compare. Is the fabric quality the same?? Seems weird that they are so different in price. The 'baby bundle' is just $25 at Baby Depot where I've seen the 'bundle me' the cheapest at $35 on BabyCenter.com. Is it just a distribution thing?

If so, I'm gona go with the 'wrap and ride'.

22tango
11-15-2002, 06:38 PM
We have the "Bundle Me" and I must say, Karenna just snuggles down and goes to sleep in it!! Also, when we went strolling to the library the other day, I realized that I didn't have a receiving blanket to use on the floor for her -- well, I remembered that the Bundle Me top zips off! So I had a quick, comfortable fleece to use in a pinch and then zip back on when we left!!

mspacman
11-15-2002, 10:31 PM
After owning, and loving, the Baby Bundle, I just bought a Big Bundle Me (on sale at Babycenter) which I assume is just a bigger version of the little Bundle Me. It does have double zippers on *both* sides (4 zipper pulls in all) so you can unzip the bottom and let the baby's feet stick out. Big deal. Unless you absolutely must have the Bundle Me in red or some other color than navy, get the Baby Bundle. Oh, and the Bundle Me has a much uglier tag than the Baby Bundle, as well as a name tag on the side to get caught in the zipper. Get me the scissors, quick!

bnme
11-16-2002, 01:44 PM
For $10 bucks I can deal with the ugly tag! I'd prefer the tan one I saw at babystyle.com, but thets $40 ---I'll stick with the navy Baby Bundle. Thanks!
:)

joodyjr
11-19-2002, 03:51 PM
I just received my Lands End Car Seat Squall and wow is it nice! I chose the lilac color and it's very pretty. It's seem lightweight, but it's the 300 polartec fleece so I know it'll be nice and warm. The outside is water resistant too. I was concerned about fit since I have the Fisher Price infant seat with the soft handle and it works fine. It works with both 3 and 5 point models too. I think this was a good buy! It'll still work for a regular car seat, not just an infant seat too. (I wasn't aware of that when I bought it!)