PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy Quality

mommychic
11-12-2002, 05:34 PM
I was in Old Navy today and they have such cute basics like onesies, t-shirts and pants. Very inexpensive. I think the onesies were on sale for $5.

How is the quality? Do they shrink? Do they hold up in the wash?

Thanks,
Lisa

egoldber
11-12-2002, 05:43 PM
I love Old Navy baby stuff when I can find patterns and styles there that I like. I found that it shrinks a little, but not too bad. Sarah had several 0-3 month onesies from Old Navy that I just adored and was heartbroken when she outgrew (at 4 months). When I retired them they looked as nice as when I first got them and she probably wore them a couple time a week for 3-4 months.

HTH,

joodyjr
11-12-2002, 06:36 PM
My 25 month old son is still wearing his size 6-12 month Old Navy Onesies with an extender (purchased from One Step Ahead). That is not only a testament to them lasting but also the sizing. They fit him well when he was 6 months old. He wears regular 24 mo/2T sizes now. Granted the sleeves are getting a bit snug but they still make nice pj's. Can't beat the prices, especially on sale!

emmiem
11-14-2002, 04:00 PM
I don't like the quality of Old Navy. I find that it shrinks and is thinner and skimpier than the regular Gap merchandise. I bought a dress for my 15 month old that was impossible to put on her and when you did, she couldn't move in it. My Dd is small and an 18 month outfits fit roomingly on her with every other manufacturer.

I also have a 13 year old who sometimes goes into Old Navy with little luck. The shoulders of T-shirts fit funny and they do not wash well. The jeans don't fit as well either.

Well, I guess Old Navy just doesn't work for our family. I would rather wait for a sale at Gymboree.

mamahill
11-14-2002, 05:19 PM
While I agree with emmiem that Gap onesies are definitely thicker, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Old Navy (for our whole family!). Ainsleigh has a couple long-sleeved onesies that are great and she has a couple pairs of sweat pants that are wonderful (one boot-cut pair of cream-colored sweats - so cute - and one navy blue pair of track pants that are lined). I highly recommend Old Navy, and their prices are great.

Momof3Labs
11-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Old Navy's sleepers work great for my long, skinny baby. They were some of the few that fit well in his first weeks (when his legs were still curling up a lot). They have washed well and look new after several washings - I bought more in larger sizes off of their clearance rack.

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02