PDA

View Full Version : TARGET brand diaper fans-quick question!!!

mama2be
11-25-2002, 06:22 PM
From polls that I have read it appears that Target folks are happy with the Target brand diaper...but I notice that Target has two brands. Are you all loyal to the Loving Touch ones or this other brand (don't know the name) but it is specifically (packaged atleast) for Target.

megsmom
11-25-2002, 10:25 PM
I like them both, but have bought most recently the Baby's favorite (it's the pink package with the bear) and have been happy with it. They seem to fit my daughter better and are only 6.99 for 48 size 4's. That is the cheapest around. The only difference I can see is that they have a stick on tab vs. the velcro kind. This is not a big deal to me.

Jen
mom to Meghan
born 7/13/01

mama2be
11-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks for your reply...does that mean the Loving Touch you can "open" and check and reseal??? I might need those at the beginning or I can imagine I would waste a lot of diapers...:)

Momof3Labs
11-25-2002, 10:55 PM
Neve,

Don't stock up on these diapers - but certainly buy a package to try them out. I hated them!! I much prefer Pampers, which are only a little more expensive when you use the 15% off BRU coupons and the manufacturer's coupons. Before Colin was born, I thought I could wrap his little bottom in anything but now it is worth a little extra for the Pampers.

I think that they are the same as the Wal-Mart White Cloud diapers. At least the 800# on the back of the package was the same!

And yes, they do have open and reseal tabs - a must, in my opinion.

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

nohomama
11-25-2002, 11:27 PM
Lori is definitely right. Buy a package to try. Just like cloth diapers, parents find they prefer some brands more than others. We use disposables at night and when we're out of the house or traveling. I've had nothing but trouble with Pampers and Tushies (a "greener" brand you can find at Whole Foods or similar stores), but LOVE Huggies. I've also had reasonably good luck with Targets Loving Care brand. Every diaper has its fan...

mama2be
11-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice...I'll get a few and try them. I am at a slight disadvantage since I am going to a birthing center, I don't think I get all of the freebie stuff that hospitals give you. Plus I will be home 12 hours after delivery (if all goes "normal") so I have to have my stash right away...

That's eveything from napkins, formula, bottles etc...

ct
11-27-2002, 03:46 PM
I too would just buy one package to try them out. I had purchased 2 packages of Newborn size to try on my son and I hated them - I ended up returning the 2nd package. The velcro did not stick very well at all (sometimes Alec's squirming made the velcro peel off - not something you want to happen with a newborn!). I prefer Huggies or Pampers myself (not really devoted to either for Alec, Huggies are the best for Lilli).

ct
SAHM to Lilli (9/20/00) & Alec (10/21/02)

Melanie
11-27-2002, 06:56 PM
You might still get the freebies. I think I saw them at our Birthing Center (ended up at hospital after all, though, so I'm not sure).

We went through Pampers, Huggies, BRU Brand, White Cloud (Wal Mart) & Loving Touch the first few weeks. White Cloud & Loving Touch fit the best, but his skin reacted to the White Cloud. The Loving Touch have the resealable velcro (& Kermit the Frog). =)

One thing that bugs me is the major brands don't tell the "features" on the outside of the package like the Loving Touch did.

I suggest buying a couple different brands to start out.

Mommy to Jonah

BTW, I took many a donation of disposable diapers to our local crisis pregnancy center in those early months. They are glad to have them, open bag or not!

Momof3Labs
11-27-2002, 09:02 PM
On that topic, I wouldn't recommend stocking up on newborn size diapers - Colin didn't wear them at all, and he wasn't a huge baby (8lbs, 4oz at birth, 7lbs 8oz when he went home). He had plumber's crack in the newborn diapers. So, buy one package if you want, but you may try one (like us) and decide to go straight to size 1's!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02