PDA

View Full Version : Diaper coupons

esca540
11-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Please help. I am a first time father and trying to find Pampers/Huggies coupons. Where can I find them? Also, where is the cheapest place to buy them? BRU? Grocery Store? Sams Club/Costco Warehouse club?

bnme
11-26-2002, 02:09 PM
I don't know the cheapest places to buy becuase I haven't shopped around yet (edd 12/24)...but I know there are coupons in the Sunday paper sometimes (just last week there were $1 off huggies diapers and wipes coupons). Plus, I get 15% off coupons on diapers from BRU in the mail (maybe becuase I registered there). I already have about 10-15 coupons I am waiting to use. And luckily, the expiration dates all seem to be far off so I can hold out on buying once I get to experiment with a few brands.

hellollama
11-26-2002, 02:37 PM
You can go to their websites and sign up with them and they will send you pretty good coupons in the mail. It might take a while for you to initially get them, but then they send them pretty regularly.

egoldber
11-26-2002, 03:00 PM
I have found that the cheapest places to buy them is either my grocery store or at Target when they are having a sale. The price at Costco is the same as the price most places for the large bulk box (at least around here) and Costco doesn't take coupons. If there is no sale, then I have found that Target is cheapest.

HTH,

Andrea S
11-26-2002, 03:19 PM
The cheapest I have found is BRU with 15% off coupon and you can use your pampers/huggies coupon with it. I got these coupons in the mail and in some parenting mags.

Andrea

etwahl
11-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Do these 15% off coupons come in the mail also?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

bnme
11-26-2002, 03:54 PM
I've gotten them in BRU fliers in the mail and also I think parenting magazines (the type they give away at Lamaze).

MinnieMouse
11-26-2002, 04:39 PM
For us...the best price for diapers is either BRU with the 15% off coupon AND multiple manufacturer's coupons OR Sam's Club in bulk. The next least expensive price is Walmart with manufacturer's coupons.

The grocery store with coupons isn't a good deal...at least not for us. Even their sale prices aren't competitive with Walmart. I've never even entered Target or drugstores into the equation because they are typically more $$$ than walmart and the supermarkets.

HTH

Christine

egoldber
11-26-2002, 04:53 PM
It's worth looking at Target. Diaper prices vary dramatically regionally, but at least in my area, Target is cheaper than the Walmart next door.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
11-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Diapers around us are cheapest at BRU (with the 15% off coupon) and Wal-Mart. Around here, Target is definitely more expensive, but they put diapers on sale frequently. Definitely not the grocery store, and Sam's isn't that good a deal either.

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

suzska
11-26-2002, 11:16 PM
I usually buy them at Target. But around here prices aren't too bad at KMart, too. The grocery store is the worst place to get them around here, unless they're on sale. You also have to watch as different places seem to carry different sized packages (meaning the number of diapers in a pack). I swear that the "Jumbo" size at TRU had fewer diapers than the "Jumbo" size at the discount department stores. But I could be wrong. I keep telling myself I'm going to write down the number of diapers in the pack and the prices when I go out shopping so I can figure out the best place to go, but I never do.

Definitely sign-up online to get coupons direct from the manufacturers. Huggies is forever sending me coupons.

Also, watch out with the number of wipes in the wipes packages. I've found that the middle size package (176? wipes) has a better "per wipe" price than the huge packs (240? wipes). I actually picked these up in bulk this past weekend at Sam's Club. But that was about the only deal I found there. It's the first I've been there in a while, and let's just say I won't be going back again. The parking lot alone was a nightmare.

LD92599
11-27-2002, 12:43 AM
You can also bid on coupons on Ebay (just don't overbid..!), Try a search such as "coupon + diaper" to see what comes up.

Laura
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

MinnieMouse
11-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Not for us...Target definitely has higher prices across the board for almost everything. We do shop there...but usually only for stuff that Walmart doesn't have...or has different stuff.

mspacman
11-27-2002, 02:18 AM
Don't rule out store-brand diapers... they are almost always cheaper than Pampers/Huggies even with coupons, and because all diapers are cut slightly differently (as well as all bottoms), the store brands might actually fit better, especially if your baby is sort of between sizes. I like the Walmart White Cloud diapers (with John Lennon printing), Target Loving Touch (with Muppet Babies, also sold at CVS and other stores) and Food Lion "Supreme" (Baby Snoopy).

Melanie
11-27-2002, 06:41 PM
We don't get a paper, so the only way I was able to get the Pampers was to sign up for their list. I got a bunch in the mail, but I think it's a one-shot deal (maybe sign up all your family members!).

For us, Target & Wal Mart are pretty much the same. One time, at Wal Mart, I found a "bulk" box that had the same count as the Jumbo bag, but the bag was cheaper. So I asked the Dept. Mgr. (just luck that I found her) to double-check the price for me. She said it was right b/c she comparison-shopped at Target & they were less so they had to lower their price to be the same (or maybe less, can't recall). Target doesn't sell the boxes, so it's price stayed the same. We don't have a BRU/TRU close, but whenever I go they are totally picked over and don't have the big bags. Anyhow, I buy at both Target & Wal Mart, depending on where I am at the time.

Until Ds got chubby we used Target brand. They fit him the best. Once he chubbed up we switched to Cruisers for the stretch, and now kept him in them since he's a crawler. I put him in a pair of reg. Huggies the other day and they totally gapped at his tummy, so we'll stay with Cruisers until another company (besides Huggies Supreme, I don't like them) starts with the wide stretchy sides.

Anyone actually use Luvs? Their commercials tempt me.

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
11-28-2002, 11:25 AM
I use Luvs all the time before I switched to cloth. They are made by the same company as Pampers (Procter&Gamble) and perform identically to Pampers. They don't usually go on sale though and don't have as many coupons available. The outside cover is a little "rough" than on Pampers BabyDry, but otherwise they seem identical.

HTH,

brubeck
11-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I am on various consumer product testing panels and they sent me a free jumbo pack of Luvs to use on my daughter. From what I could tell, this was the same diaper they released on the market not too long ago (with the new 'velcro closures').

I should mention that my regular diaper was Pampers Premium (and there is no nicer diaper out there, it's only the cost that is the issue) so perhaps I was biased. But the Luvs felt like rough paper (like the kind of paper towel you get in public bathrooms) and they leaked just about every time. Not just BMs (Huggies leaked on BMs only for me) but with not too large amounts of pee. I was changing outfits 3 times a day and I hadn't done that since she was in the severe spitup stage. It was so bad that I actually didn't finish the package, and these diapers were FREE.

My daughter is a tall, skinny baby (height 95th percentile+, weight about 75th percentile) so perhaps it was her shape that caused the problem. I know differently shaped babies find better fits on other kinds of diapers.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that my husband hates Barney with a passion? :-) My nemeses are the Teletubbies but at least they're not on diapers. :-)

wingate702
11-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Sign up online at huggies.com and pampers.com. Also I buy my diapers at Costco and/or Sam's club. They are the least expensive. Just as an aside I use Huggies and I think I had a defective batch. I called the company and they sent me MANY ($20) worth of coupons.

Enjoy,

Cheryl

mommychic
12-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Beth I thought of you while reading the Sunday paper this past weekend. It was the first time I ever found coupons for Luvs! But was surprised that they expired so soon - 12/31/02!!

Lisa

mommychic
12-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Just curious, how did you get on the consumer product testing panels?? Sounds fun.

Lisa