PDA

View Full Version : Boots?

Shirale
11-27-2002, 11:09 AM
I would love to be able to take Amira out to "play" in the snow when we go to Boston this Weekend for Thanksgiving, what do people do with new walkers (she walks very well holding on but does not walk on her won, she can stand on her own though)Do you buy snowboots? She currently does not have any shoes except soft sole ones from baby Gap...TIA!

mamahill
11-27-2002, 09:00 PM
We don't have snow, so I don't really know the answer to your question, but thought I'd post that I saw that Old Navy online has some boots for kids for pretty cheap. That way she'd at least be covered, but you wouldn't have to buy her moon boots (but that might make for a funny picture, so take your pick!). Have fun in the snow!

KathyO
11-27-2002, 09:19 PM
You definitely need something more than the soft-sole slippers...

You could buy rain boots in a too-large size, and load her up with multiple pairs of socks inside. They'd do for a few days in the snow, and then you could have the use of them later as rain boots. If possible, put the cuffs of her snowsuit/pants on the outside of the boots - this keeps her from scooping up snow in them when she crawls around! (My daughter spent most of her early snow time crawling, even though she could walk.)

Hope you enjoy it - I'm sure you'll get some great photos out of it!

Cheers,

KathyO

twins r fun
12-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Anybody know where to get cheap snowboots? I looked at Old Navy online ($16.50) and Target (17.99). I think Payless was around the same also. I haven't looked in Walmart-anybody know how theirs are priced? I was hoping to get them for $10 or less since I need 2 pairs and we only get a few good snows a year in Maryland. Oh, just to make it more difficult I'd like to get them tomorrow since they're predicting our first snow for Thursday-not that that means much! Someone found the website I was looking for earlier so I figure this isn't an impossible request!

Nicole

mommychic
12-03-2002, 07:27 PM
The Old Navy boots looks like the best for the money. I did a search for you and found that Macys, Nordstroms, and Kohls all have similar boots WITHOUT the fabric cloth liner inside for the same price. I think for the added warmth, the Old Navy ones are the best bet. The golashes-type boots might be a pain in the butt to get on a baby.

If you have a Kohls near you, they are supposed to be having a HUGH sale tomorrow. Perhaps the boots will be discounted. You might also try TJ Maxx or Marshells but those are hit or miss. Everywhere seem to carry them in the $16-$18 price range.

Then again, you might find the boots MORE EXPENSIVE if they are expecting snow Thursday. :) Like shovels!!

Have fun in the snow!!

Lisa
Whose toes are freezing with the windchill at 15 degrees in NYC!!!

PS: Thinking of kids in the snow is making me hungry! I remember after playing in the snow, Mom would make us Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Campbells Creamy Tomato Soup. Gotta get something to eat now!! :)

Shirale
12-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Lisa,
do you think it really will snow??!! Last week's was disappointing- at least when we went to Boston for Thanksgiving there was actually (white!) snow on the ground...Stay warm!!!

twins r fun
12-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Found some! The Osh Kosh outlet had them on sale for $12.99. Down from $19.99 (supposedly regular retail they are $35). Plus Osh Kosh gives a twin discount so I got both pairs + tax for $24. I was pleased with that price. Bring on the snow-we're ready!

Thanks for checking around for me Lisa. Kohl's was a good suggestion. I was going to try there if I hadn't found any at the outlet mall.

Nicole

colleenfs
12-07-2002, 08:40 PM
I found some promising looking boots in the One Step Ahead catalogue. [http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=863&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=863]

"Unlike hard, inflexible boots, our Snow Buddies are soft, warm, and lightweight--and they go on and off with ease. We designed them to keep feet drier and warmer, with cushioned insoles, a full polyester fleece lining, and PVC sidewalls that keep snow at bay. VelcroŽ tabs at the instep adjust for fit and seal cold air out. Wear them rolled up for warmth or down for comfort in the car or stroller. With treaded rubber soles for traction. Choose Navy, Red, or Pink in XS (3/4), SM (5/6), MD (7/8), or LG (9/10)."

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02