PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Pampers ChangeMats in the U.S.?

nigele
11-30-2002, 10:15 PM
I am travelling to the U.K. next month and my MIL asked me to look online and tell her which diapers she should buy for us prior to our arrival. While I was on the Pampers U.K. web site, I noticed a product called "Change Mats" which looked really interesting. Here is the description from the web site:

"Pampers ChangeMats are absorbent disposable mats for use when making nappy changes on the go. ChangeMats are small enough to fit into your bag, so that you can take them with you whenever you have to change your baby - whether it is at a friend's place, out shopping or in the car.

When changing your baby, you can count on ChangeMats to protect your baby from what's underneath, while providing a clean and comfortable surface. Its waterproof backsheet also protects the surface under your baby! Pampers ChangeMats - For easy changes on the go.

Waterproof Backsheet - Protects like a Changemat.

Super Absorbent Core - Absorbs like a nappy (diaper.)

Easy to fold - Small enough to fit into a bag."

Here is the link:

http://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/products/productindex.jhtml?selectedProduct=changemats&selectedStage=all

Has anybody seen anything like these in the U.S.?

newbelly2002
12-01-2002, 03:27 AM
Not in the States, but I have seen them here in Germany. They seem pretty nice and I have stuffed a few into my diaper bag. They are thin disposable coverings no thicker than a paper towel. I'm not a huge fan of them in principle because I hate to add to the environment (I do enough of it already since I use disposables) so I have a plastic mat (reusable) in my diaper bag that I try to use instead. But the changing mats (I haven't seen Pampers brand, but lots of others here) are convenient. Can't hurt to pick up a package or two while you're there. Safe trip!

Paula

nigele
12-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Hi Paula,

I have a reusable one that I like for the car, friend's houses, etc. but I hate using it on the public changing tables where it might pick up germs! I will grab a pack while I am there.

Thanks!

nohomama
12-01-2002, 10:27 AM
I've not seen ChangeMats here in the States but an alternative would be to use chux/blue pads (used in hospitals). You should be able to find them in a well stocked drug store or medical supply store. They were among the things I had to buy in preparation for Lola's birth (at home) but I don't remember how much I paid for them. We had scads of them left over afterwards though and used them for diaper changes her until they were gone. They're great for young babies who tend to pee and poop, sometimes explosively, when they're changed.

HTH,

egoldber
12-02-2002, 04:26 PM
I can't recall the name of the brand, but I have seen something similar at BRU/TRU. I even still have part of a package that I bought ages ago when Sarah was a newborn, but I never finished the package.

HTH,

megsmom
12-02-2002, 10:03 PM
The brand at TRU/BRU I believe is PeeWees (not making this up!). I used them for when we were out the first couple of months. Early on, dd was constantly wetting while I changed her and they did absorb liquid pretty well. Unfortunately pee would just run off vinyl change pads and all over her clothes so the little disposable pads were a big help to me. At home I used flannel covered lap pads that I could just throw in the wash.

Jen
mom to Meghan
7/13/01