PDA

View Full Version : Bundle Me qs...

jojo2324
12-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Sorry, I know this has been addressed a zillion times. I was just at BuyBuyBaby today and saw the Bundle Me for $40. They also had something similar for convertible car seats for $100! I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the company was. I think it has something to do with NYC mommies, there was a small patch on the front with a (212) phone number. DH completely balked at the idea of spending a hundred bucks for a piece of fleece, and (for once...what's happening to me?!) I have to agree. Is there another company out there making bigger Bundle-Me-esque products that aren't highway robbery? TIA!

SASM
12-04-2002, 10:10 AM
I have been researching infant carseat-sized ones, but in the process I came across a few for larger children.

*The Gaga Bag is sold online at BRU (smaller version is Nano Bag).

*Bundle Me Bigger is sold on several different websites, I believe, although I saw it at BabyCenter.com. I think I read somewhere that TessaKids.com also sells this label.

Good luck :-) Hope this helps. If you get the Gaga Bag, let me know what you think.

Sharyn
EDD #1 01.21.03

mommychic
12-04-2002, 07:48 PM
You saw the Toastie Toddler for $100. I have to agree I don't think it's worth the money. Plus I've heard from Moms that the velcro that attaches it to the stroller can destroy some knit clothes. It's completely over priced, but many many people here in NYC have it. Sometimes you just don't have a choice when you want to go outside and most stores only sell that one for $99, so your forced to purchase it.

I think the Bundle Me Big is worth the price. It's looks warmer than the toastie toddler and zips insteads of velcros. For now, I think the Bundle Me Big is only available online.

Let us know which one you go with.

Lisa

LisaS
12-05-2002, 05:01 PM
An alternative to the toastie toddler might be the Buggy Snuggle http://www.buggysnuggle.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Buggysnuggle_1.html
It is the softest, plushest fleece and has no velcro that would get stuck. The top part of it completely zips off which can be a great blanket (or shopping cart liner) in a pinch. I bought mine in London, but they probably distribute somewhere in the US. They were originally designed for jogging strollers, but I use mine w/Maclaren Techno and Emmaljunga Baby Classic and its perfect. Comes in the cutest patterns: faux camel colored shearling, cow print, giraffe print, etc. They make them for car seats as well, but not in as many patterns. http://www.buggysnuggle.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Car_Snuggles_6.html
They are definitely worth checking out.

jojo2324
12-05-2002, 10:44 PM
But I'm a little confused. The sizes are based on the size/age of the baby, not the item the Bundle Me is being used in? So I wouldn't necessarily get a Bundle Me Big for a convertible and a Bundle Me for an infant seat, right? Should I just get the Big because he's a big boy and we are using a convertible seat? I only see the Big pictured with jogging strollers.

todzwife
12-05-2002, 11:13 PM
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but binkiebaby.com has an interesting idea as well. Good luck!

todzwife
12-05-2002, 11:14 PM
OOPS! I mean Bunkiebaby! I am so dumb sometimes!

APG
12-07-2002, 01:33 AM
the new toastie toddler has zippers instead of velcro