PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Loss of Robeez Traction?

dd_ani
12-16-2002, 03:00 AM
I have a question for those of you who have used Robeez. I love them as far as staying on (some days dd is the only kid in daycare with both of her shoes still on) and being flexible (my aunt, who is a professional dancer wanted to know if they would make dance shoes). And you can't go wrong with the styles.

But my problem is this: I have noticed that the pair that dd has been wearing for the last 2 months has been getting slicker on the bottom as the soles are getting more worn. I am concerned that this will lead to a loss of traction as she is walking more and more. This is especially a problem at home, where we have polished hardwood floors. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Are there any other shoes out there that are flexible and stay on like robeez but have greater traction and aren't very heavy?

Thanks,

Michelle

egoldber
12-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Elefantan makes a shoe that has a felted wool upper and a rubber sole that is much softer than the typical Stride-Rite type sole. It's a great "winter shoe" for kids who don;t do much walking outside yet. My local Nordstrom carries these for about $26. I couldn't find them on the Elefanten or Nordstrom website, so they may be discontinued. But I saw them at my local Nordstrom's last night. They are VERY cute.

HTH,

webma
12-16-2002, 12:16 PM
I've had the same problem. I just hand wash them every few days and take a case knife and gently rough up the bottom. This thins the leather a bit but not much if you careful and chances are the shoes will be grown out of before they wear out.