PDA

View Full Version : ISO footies!

jojo2324
12-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Please help! I usually dress DS is footies, or footed sleepers I think they're sometimes called. He is starting to outgrow the 12 month sizes. But I am finding that the brands that were working well for us, Carter's and Little Me, don't make footies past 12 months. Gap does, but they are so narrow he looks like a sausage. I know they are supposed to have a tight fit for safety reasons, but they just look ridiculous. The Gap fleece ones are great and fit perfectly, but they are expensive. I just saw one on sale for $20. At Carter's I think they were half that.

The only other company I can think of that makes them larger is Petit Bateau, but they are really really expensive, between $30 and $60, depending on the fabric, style, etc. I can't afford that and they have those annoying back snaps. Old Navy stops at 9 months. Help! TIA!

sparkeze
12-29-2002, 02:35 AM
I've been looking for the same thing since DS grew out of the 9 month size. Most places that sell Carters stuff don't sell past the 9 or 12 month size but I think if you were to find a Carters store or outlet they do. Old navy also sells some footed onepieces in bigger sizes but they are really skinny too. But the easiest thing to find are the fleece footed sleepers. Those go up to 4T or something like that. I have a few Carters ones in 12-18 month size and they work well. I do like the cotton ones better but they're impossible to find in a bigger size with non slip soles. DS pulls up on everything and cruises too so the cotton ones are just too slippery. I think I got the Carters fleece sleepers at Kohl's Dept store if you have one in your area, and actually I saw them at Sam's Club too.

egoldber
12-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Carter's does make fleece footed sleepers up to size 4T. They are available at Carter's outlet stores and also Kohl's usually has them at great prices. Costco also often has fleece footed sleepers at good prices. I saw the other day that Nordstrom has their brand (NKids) fleece sleepers for kids for around $12 or $14. Lands End had gorgeous ones in their catalog for about $20.

That being said, Sarah actually has "hot feet" and sleeps better in sleepers without feet. I let her run around the house without socks on (even in winter). Her feet feel cold to the touch, but she doesn't mind. If I put socks on her, she just pulls them off. Since we have mostly hardwood, I actually prefer her in bare feet so she gets better traction.

HTH,

brubeck
12-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Since your son is only 6 months old perhaps you could find a brand that sizes large and go with 12 months there? I think the Target and Walmart brands size large, as well as some of the KRU stuff. Land's End also sizes large and you can now get their stuff at Sears.

Also, why do you want footed sleepers? If it is just a matter of keeping feet warm you could try the Cherokee Baby slippers at Target. They are $4 per pair and go up to 2T/4T size (just buy them large because they shrink a size in the wash). My daughter did well with those when she outgrew the footed sleepers.

cara1
12-30-2002, 11:25 PM
Joanne, there's a Carter's outlet in Westbury/Carle Place (too far for you), but also at Tangers. Also at Tangers:
Children's Apparel Stores Local Store Phone
Baby Gap Outlet (631) 369-6909
Bass Clothing & Shoe Outlet (631) 369-0391
Big Dog Sportswear (631) 369-6221
Carter's Childrenswear (631) 369-7769
Children's Place (631) 369-6602
Gap Outlet (631) 369-1454
Guess? (631) 369-6201
Levi'sĀ®/DockersĀ® Outlet by Designs (631) 369-5854
Limited Too (631) 208-8691
Little Me (631) 727-6434
London Fog (631) 727-0572
Nike (631) 369-0706
Old Navy Outlet (631) 369-5831
OshKosh B'Gosh (631) 727-7657
Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store (631) 369-2227
So Fun Kids (631) 369-8522
Tommy Hilfiger (631) 369-0050

jojo2324
01-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Wow, thanks for compiling that! I have hit most of those stores, but right now we're on a frugality kick. You know, the "how-much-did-we-just-spend-on-Christmas?" freak out. So DH has banned me from Tanger until the future. I have to say, the Gap outlet STINKS. They have nothing there, it's filthy, the salespeople should not be in customer service and the prices aren't that great. It's last year's stuff at the highest sale price. You know if you sniff around Gap long enough the stuff always goes down to pennies. Sorry, just my typical grumbling. Carter's is the best, but now that he's so big there isn't much cute stuff anymore. It's all turning into sports and trucks.
I suppose I prefer footies because he kicks his socks off all the time. He's also just learned to untie his shoelaces so those come flying off as well, usually in a parking lot or grocery store. Around the house they just seem easier to me. I shall continue my search!

app
01-03-2003, 02:13 AM
Gap, Carter's outlet, and Gymboree all have footed sleepers. My DD, who is 15 months old and currently wearing 18-24 month size, has to have the footed sleepers or she will scratch her ankles (eczema). I just bought some footed sleepers on sale at Gap Online in 2xl, 3xl, 4xl, and 5xl for future use. This is the time of year to find them (very hard to find in the summer).

Good luck!
Andrea

MamaHill_2003
01-03-2003, 04:54 PM
This doesn't quite answer your question, but it seems the other ladies have covered the footies. One thing that I absolutely LOVE are the Carter's slippers that my mom got to go with one of Ainsleigh's outfits. They are little bunnies, but I know they make little bears for boys. A friend of mine just got a pair for her soon-to-emerge son, and they are adorable - and SO soft! I've seen them at most Carter's outlets and I just saw them at BRU. Ainsleigh is about to outgrow her mediums, so I'm off to BRU to get the larges. They are great because they have little traction dots on the bottom and have a pretty tight band around the ankles so she can't kick them off. Sometime I put them over socks (if we're going out for a walk), but sometimes I just slip them on. And they seem to go with just about anything. HTH!