PDA

View Full Version : onesies for babies 12 mos and up

simplemama
01-02-2003, 01:47 PM
does anyone know where i can find snap-bottom bodysuits made for babies 12 mos or larger? i don't really like those really inexpensive 3-pack types, since they're very flimsy and the overlapping area around the neck never lies nice and flat underneath my baby's shirts/sweaters.

i've used babygap or old navy's before (always bought them on sale), but they only make them up to 12 mos. i'm willing to pay a little extra, but of course i'd like to avoid spending tons of money on each.

while i'm on the subject, why is it so hard to find long-sleeve bodysuits?????

shopaholic mom
01-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Petit Bateau makes really nice ones up to size 24 months. They are french so tend to run small but the quality is excellent. They make long sleeve ones as well. Upscale dept stores (Saks) and boutiques carry them and they have a shop in NYC. Their web site is http://www.petitbateau.com and they're sold at babystle - http://www.babystyle.com
The other place that makes them is a store called Marks & Spencer in the UK. I have bought them in London but I have friends who pay to have them shipped to the US b/c they love them so much. They are cheap too (pack of 7 for appx $22)- long sleeve, short sleeve and up to size 2 (generous) - very soft cotton. Slightly thicker than gap/old navy.

jojo2324
01-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Petit Bateau is excellent quality, but look to spend upwards of $20 for a two-pack (long or short-sleeve). I am in the same predicament as you because DS is quickly outgrowing his onesies from Carter's. And I can't even find long sleeve ones for him. Ho hum. The Petit Bateau website is strange, almost like a game or something. Just my two cents.

Just realized while reading your post that usually Gap onesies are about ten dollars apiece, pre-sale, right? So go for the Petit Bateau, they are beautiful. They make great clothes, for women too!

BethG
01-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Both Gap and Old Navy do make snap bodysuits up to at least 2T sizes. They are not as easy to find as the smaller sizes and sell out quickly, but they do make them. I have several, so I know they exist!

Carter's also makes them up to at least 24 months. I'm not sure about 2T and higher. I have only seen them at the outlet stores though. Most department stores only carry Carters up to 12 months.

Lands End also has them up to 24 months. They are a little pricier than some, but they often go onto their Overstocks page for decent deals.

Gymboree has very nice ones up to at least 3T. Again, the prices are high, but if you wait until the line goes on sale, you can get them for very good prices. I've never paid more than $8 for a snap bodysuit there and usually about $5.

Also Hanna Andersson has them up to at least 24 months, but ditto on the high prices and their sales aren't very good. But their stuff is gorgeous.

Target also sometimes has them up to 24 months size depending on the style and line. But I noticed today that they are starting to bring out their spring line, so long sleeve bodysuits will soon be gone there.

The long sleeve ones tend to be a seasonal item. So if you want them for the summer, I would definitely buy them now while they are still around.

HTH,

mspacman2
01-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Kohl's also has long sleeve onesies in their Baby Sonoma brand up to toddler sizes. They come in both snap-shoulder turtlenecks and cotton thermal-like material, in solid colors. They're constantly on sale and now they're on clearance; I just picked up a couple for $2.something each. You might also try Children's Place.

julienbaby
01-05-2003, 04:21 AM
Just found this online, long sleeve onesies for $3.
http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/visual_index.asp?wdid=57095&MODE=B

Hard to beat that deal,

BethG
01-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, the bodysuits in that link only go up to their 6-12 month size. But if you click on the link on that page that says "Baby Girl" or Baby Boy", you can find long sleeve bodysuits in sizes up to 2T. The price isn't quite as good, $5.99 vs. $2.99. If you have an Old Navy Outlet near you, you can find bodysuis up to 2T for about $4.

HTH,

C99
01-05-2003, 12:39 PM
I have a friend who says the opposite... it's hard to find long-sleeved non-onesies for her son. Anyway, we found some LS onesies up to 24 months on sale at Wal-mart recently. I can't vouch for the quality.

Melanie2
01-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I got a 3-pack of Bon Bebe at Ross, they feel more substantial than the usual 3-packs. They are marked 9-12 months but say 27-34 pounds! Ds is 14mo and they fit him. I've gotten both short and more recently long-sleeved ones. They do have the overlapping neck, though.

Other places I've found some long-sleeved ones in bigger sizes are Target, Carter's, & Mervyn's. They are designed to be outerwear, but I don't see why you couldn't layer them under clothing.

(aka Melanie - who's very glad she wasn't the only one who couldn't figure out how to log in)

atlbaby
01-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi,
(First time poster here, hope it's alright if I just jump in!)
I've been looking for onesies for DD (14 months) for when she outgrows her 18 months onesies, and am glad to learn Carters makes them--now I just have to get to the outlet! But I'm wondering if anyone else has found Old Navy's onesies to be annoying as they don't generally have snaps at the neck? I could never get them over DD's head w/o her screaming so I've stopped buying them. Too bad because the prices are usually good!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

Ninadse1
01-06-2003, 11:36 PM
Hi!

I usually have good luck with the sales at the Children's Place - here's a link for some l/s onesies that they currently have on sale for $3.49 -

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?exp=n&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=11716&catTree=12039,12041,11690,11716&clearance=0

jojo2324
01-07-2003, 02:05 AM
I just found this great site: www.frenchkids.com

They have the entire Petit Bateau line, including onesies and footies.

jojo2324
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, I just found out a Children's Place was put into our local shopping complex (Duh...where have I been?) and got G-man several l/s onesies there. They seem to run pretty generously, and you can't beat the price! $5 and then $1.50 off that! Not too bad, and the cotton feels pretty soft too.

suzska
01-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Joanne,

I was just going to mention the Children's Place. I was in there on Sunday--was passing by and saw that they were having their Monster Sale (30% off clearance prices!) so I had to stop in.

They had thermal mock turtlenecks with snap-bottoms up to 4T! They were around $4 after the discount. I got Evan a navy and a red one in size 3T. I've never seen them that large anywhere else (of course I haven't really been looking for them).

I got Evan about $90 worth of clothes for $31!!! As my husband says, Evan has an "image to maintain." Meaning I always buy him really nice clothes for cheap and he always looks "sharp!" So DH doesn't say too much when I come home with $30 worth of clearance rack clothes for the kid. As long as I don't do it too often. I try to "buy ahead." I got him a size 4T winter coat at Target the other day for $5.48! I firgure it's good enough for him to run around in in the yard next winter. It will go just fine with the snow pants I got at the Children's Place for $5.49. LOL! I don't think Evan will mind that the coat is blue and the pants are yellow!

suzska
01-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Oops! Just noticed the link above for the shirts. Those are the ones I got. One in navy and one in ruby.